Sparboe Farms Feed Mill Operator in Hudson, Colorado
Join our Sparboe team today! Full time and day shift available, pay starting at $18.00 per hour. Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSTION TITLE: Feed Mill Operator and Driver
JOB DESCRIPTION: To safely, effectively and efficiently mill feed according to regulations that protect the consumer and follow government rules. Responsible for performing and coordinating all activities related to the mixing, loading and delivery of feed rations. Ensure that flocks maintain appropriate and adequate feed inventories. Maintain the feed mill and operations including, but not limited to, routine management, repairs and cleaning. Perform ingredient receiving, scheduling and qualitative analysis. Coordinate with and assist the Feed Department Manager with inventory management and purchase of ingredients. Deliver feed as appropriate.
- Safety First Understand and follow all safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times. Make sure visitors, drivers and other employees follow safety procedures and protocol at all times while in Feed Mill area. Know and obey all traffic and safety laws/regulations.
- Responsible for carrying out food safety and quality duties and following the SQF polices/procedures as it relates to their job duties.
- Will report any food safety and quality issues/concerns to their manager and/or quality team.
- Mill feed rations for all flocks and orders accurately to company specifications and quality control standards.
- Manage and schedule feed deliveries as needed, maintaining appropriate feed levels at all times. Perform quality tests on incoming ingredients. Maintain accurate inventory records for ingredient delivers and usage.
- Support and assist the Feed Operations Coordinator.
- Maintain feed mill and bins at all times. Maintain the feed mill facility and equipment.
- Review feed inventories on a daily basis. Review ingredient inventories on weekly basis.
- Maintain accurate milling, inventories and other production records. Work closely with accounting team to track and balance inventories.
- Load trucks with feed and coordinate the process and scheduling of loads, while maximizing efficiency and maintaining high levels of service.
- Deliver feed to complexes and customers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, valid CDL license, with endorsements, commercial insurability and DOT physical to perform as feed driver.
- Knowledge of milling computerized technology and process.
- Must possess reasonable degree of mechanical knowledge and skill.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a verity of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Experience and working knowledge of computers and systems.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend and be in various positions for long periods of time. Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Quick and willing learner.
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining standards and avoiding errors.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 6339 WCR 47, Hudson, CO 80624
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: October 14, 2017
Rate: $18 USD per hour