KIK Custom Products Machine Operator in Houston, Texas
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2017-4498
Job Location US-TX-Houston
Posted Date 5/17/2017
As one of North America's largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands - Household Division
Our Household Division ("Household") is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate various high speed liquid filling machinery including but not limited to fillers, labellers, cappers, palletizers, depalletizer's case erectors, and heat induction sealers case erectors, etc.
- Examine and act on production orders to determine quantities to be manufactured, job specifications and or special instructions.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting on the assigned equipment and perform minor equipment adjustments and changeovers.
- Follow Safety /GMP guidelines.
- Comply with PPE, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow all plant policies and procedures.
- 1-2 years' experience as a Machine operator in the packaging industry.
- Production knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for effective manufacturing preferred.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and write in English.
- Basic mathematics skills required.
- Must be able to take direction and work unsupervised
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.