Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Press Operator I in Holt, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Press Operator is responsible for operating the press to form products using billets and die blocks according to established standard work for production purposes.
- Set up dies in press
- Operate a furnace.
- Operate a die heater.
- Operate press to produce parts.
- Use chisel and hammer to release part from die block after hit if needed.
- Use compressed air/water quench to cool down part.
- Use tongs to remove part from die block after hit.
- Perform inspection on parts.
- Operate goff shot blaster.
- Operate band saw.
- Complete required router information.
- Produce parts to manufacturing prints or customer prints.
- Perform housekeeping per 6S schedule.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Ability to work safely in a fast pace environment.
- Must adhere to Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Work performed in manufacturing environment where exposure to a number of elements occurs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting of materials to 60# up to 33% of the time.
- Requires use of foot controls.
- Corrected vison of 20/20, preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced quality –oriented environment.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined for the position.
- Must submit to and pass background and substance abuse tests.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify.
- Must adhere to the Company Code of Conduct and Core Values.
- Must follow designated safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to fulfill all the requirements of this position, including requirements related to the company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System Policies and procedures. Please send resume to: Becca.Spada@orchid-ortho.com
Location: Holt MI