WestRock Air Hammer Operator in Holland, Michigan
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
GENERAL PURPOSE : Sets up and operates the air-operated stripping tool. Responsible for all aspects of performance including productivity, quality, and spoilage
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Reviews the job ticket, determines how many different structures are on the load and how many carts/skids will be required.
- Clears work station before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material. Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.
- Sets up and operates air-operated stripping tool. Removes scrap board from die-cut sheets.
- Stacks die-cut blanks on skids/carts for gluer operations. Separates combination-run cartons onto individual skids/carts.
- Offloads and separates combination cartons run through the blanking die cutters.
- Exercises care in stacking carton blanks on skids/carts to prevent carton mix-ups.
- Pushes out internal scrap from cut blanks when necessary using die hammer and wood punches.
- Disposes of extra cartons and loads after completion of carton stripping jobs.
- Disposes of extra cartons from gluing department (in gray bins) as required.
- Operates power baler to compress scrap board and paper into bales. Feeds loose bales back through the baler as needed in a timely manner.
- Deposits scrap bales and paper skids in the appropriate recycle trailer in a timely fashion.
- Operates forklift to move skidded stock into position for stripping.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Informs the supervisor when supplies or parts are required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of printing terminology and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
Air Hammer Operator