Swagelok Auxiliary Oper - Level 2 in Highland Heights, Ohio
TitleAuxiliary Oper - Level 2
Shift24/7 A Days
Auxiliary Operators are responsible for enhancing and making minor alterations to products. At this level the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to work with limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes
recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates ability to use skills introduced at level 1 to perform basic, moderate and complex auxiliary operations
• Understands and utilizes necessary controls, tooling, holders, fixtures to perform assigned tasks with minimal assistance from trainer
• Ability to perform multiple bench operations and setups per documentation
• Requires little assistance with setting up and operating routine parts on standard equipment
• Follows all quality guidelines and product segregation procedures
• Understands visual requirements for products being manufactured
• Understands process improvement and product flow within department
• Understands and supports lean efforts including (5S visual display and the metrics listed on Primary Visual Display Board)
• Recognizes and complies with all applicable Swagelok procedures
• The associate should understand and demonstrate the skills listed in the master training plan within the minimum time requirements.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 12 months of experience (not including time spent in the Learner level) before an associate can be eligible for advancement to an Independent Auxiliary Operator position.
• Good mechanical skills aptitude
• Is able to meet due dates in processes they are responsible for
• Will let supervisor know when there is a problem
• Willing to put in extra effort to meet customer needs
Reliability and Integrity
• Takes responsibility for personal performance
• Can be counted on to do what needs done with little follow-up
• Willing to work in other departments or sites
• Shows enthusiasm and has a good attitude when asked to learn other jobs
• Is open to new ideas
• Values, solicits, and utilizes input from others
• Looks for ways to help out
• Provides information to the next shift or to others in the company
• Participates in meetings and will ask questions when something is not clear
• Sets a good example for others by demonstrating desired behavior
• Takes action and makes the right decisions to get the job done
• Supports Swagelok business goals
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.