Marriott Manager Reporting & Analysis (Operations) in Hessen, Germany
The Manager Reporting & Analysis supports the Director of Financial Information & Operations Analysis and the Reporting Team in conducting the continent s month-end closing, all planning cycles, operational reporting and analysis, The position also supports the Directors of Finance and all stakeholder in the continent and at Marriott HQ. The incumbent works on projects, ad-hoc requests and finance / non-finance initiatives and supports all stakeholders with financial reporting and analysis. The manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the business cycles and day-to-day operations in agreement with the Director of the department. The Manager has staff responsibility for the two Assistants Finance & Controlling reporting to him. The manager will ensure that stakeholders can track performance outcomes by designing, enhancing and automating reports and dashboards. The Manager Reporting & Analysis assures timely and accurate handling of all financial data; accurate and timely reporting to all customers, and adheres to department goals/visions and department standards as defined.
The Manager Reporting & Analysis provides support for all hotels within Europe and all above property units within Europe and HQ.
- Location requirements: The Manager Reporting & Analysis to be located at the Europe Office Eschborn.
- Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required.
- Travel Requirements: There is a 20% business travel required.
- Supports the execution of reporting and analysis responsibilities for the lodging properties across all brands in the continent: business planning, budgeting and forecasting, LRP, operational analysis, cash management, receivables and working capital management, balance sheet, consolidations, financial reporting
- Ensures all day to day operations of the department and all planning cycles forecast, Business plans/Budget, Capex Budget, LRP and are managed timely against the given deadlines and smoothly for all stakeholders. Ensures that all critical parts are covered, addressed and pro-actively coordinated including: Coordinating schedules /calendars, managing team tasks, reporting requirements and other stakeholder requirements
- Works closely together with the Manager Reporting & Consolidation and coordinates cycles effectively according to system schedules.
- Understands all roles and responsibilities within the team and drives improvement of processes for all positions.
- Understands all systems, data flows, schedules relevant for the Europe reporting department.
- Leads, develops and trains the Junior Finance Talent (Assistants Finance & Controlling) in the team and implements solid training schedules for them.
- Develops and implement processes necessary to ensure accurate, timely and meaningful sharing of financial information to key stakeholders in continent and at Corporate HQ.
- Coordinate with Corporate HQ teams and counterparts across the continents to share best practices and leverage reporting/analysis across the continents; drives continuous enhancement of tools and reporting processes.
- Prepares and submits routine and ad-hoc financial reports and analysis to stakeholders including continent teams and properties in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Consolidating and developing reports and metrics of various other required operations data as needed. Supports the continent s leadership in preparing business update presentations
- Develops pro-actively management reports to help monitor the business, most effectively, analyze performance and facilitate management decision-making
- Works on Finance and other projects as needed
- Supports, interacts and trains Finance associated on property and other as required.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supports the Manager Reporting and Analysis and the Manager Reporting and Consolidation as the entire reporting team for all related tasks and responsibilities.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of Marriott International
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Education and Professional Certification:
- University degree in finance and/or accounting required
- Minimum of five years financial management experience;
- Business Analysis and Controlling working experience is required
- Strong technical and financial systems background including Micros Office package especially Excel/Access and common Financial Reporting Systems: SAP, PeopleSoft, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions including, but not limited to, generally accepted accounting principals.
- Developed accounting, finance and analytical skills including experience with budgeting, forecasting, revenue management strategies, long-term capital expenditures planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate business trends to influence business strategies.
- Resourceful in resolving issues and solving problems, leveraging resources to get results.
- Translates business needs into what needs to get done; ensures that all work is completed effectively; maintains high performance standard; works effectively by using a highly collaborative style.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations and governances.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; strong time management skills.
- Ability to translate financial concepts into actionable business strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others at all levels, including senior management.
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk.
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Ability to build consensus amongst various stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Effective change management skills.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Requisition ID: 170018CV