CenturyLink Operations Technician 2 - Federal in Herndon, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The candidate will be responsible for ordering, implementation, and repairing of
the DHS sponsored solution.. The Candidate must be able to communicate
effectively with peers, and customers. The job requires hands on technical
support of routers, switches, servers, and firewalls in a Data Center and office
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience in the
communications, networking and/or cyber security fields
• Candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a consultative
manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present
options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing
requirements and competing priorities
• Must have a desire to learn
• Ability to work cross functionally with Engineering and Developers
• Proficient with monitoring, troubleshooting of Tier 1/2 events
• Proficient with opening trouble tickets (Remedy)
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
• Proficient troubleshooting ability
• Develop and follow a MOP and anticipate problems, and proactively take
• Required computer skills include: Outlook, MS Office application suite,
circuit topology, and testing tools.
• Familiar or Experience with Juniper (JunOS)
• Experienced with Cisco Networking Hardware.
• Familiarity with Netscreen Firewalls.
• Experience with configuring, troubleshooting Tier 1/2 events in switches,
routers, and firewalls.
• Must understand layer 2 and layer 3 technologies (BGP, VLANs, Trunking,
ACLs, IPSEC, and L2TP).
• Experience with application level firewalls (proxies)
• Experience with Cisco, Nexus Fex’s and data center setups.
• Familiar with Monitoring tools (Solarwinds).
Basic enterprise Linux skills, VMWare, SQL, and Basic Windows Server
Must be willing to work Shift work 24x7 coverage, weekends and holidays
Candidate must be a US Citizen with an Active Department of Defense TOPSECRET clearance
and the ability to obtain SCI
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition # : 148307
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.