Amazon.com Transportation Operations Specialist in Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Title - Transportation Operations Specialist
Location - Hemel Hempstead
Compensation - Competitive
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
EU NOC Overview
European NOC (Network Operation Center) is the central control center for Transportation Execution across the Amazon's European Transportation network, supporting both domestic and inter-country transportation movements for European geographies. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the trucks/vehicles to be placed at each of our fulfillment centers across Europe, based on various factors such as forecast, historical trends, vehicles capacity and carrier capabilities. NOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's European transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Purview of a Transportation Operations Specialist
Transportation Operations Specialist works across the EU in a cross-functional environment with the Supply Chain, FCs and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for Transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he also maintains and reports up to date and accurate statistics, management reports and analysis. S/he also facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impact customer experience and business continuity. Transportation Operations Specialist also provide timely resolution to the issue in hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions. An ideal candidate should be able to understand the requirements/be able to analyze data and notice trends and be able to drive Customer Experience without compromising on time. The candidate should have the basic understanding of Logistics and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. The candidate should be willing and flexible to work in night shifts as well
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
· Reporting and analysis through tools, portals and reports; following solution-driven approach to systems and processes, using advanced computer literacy (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word) and Data-warehouse analysis.
· Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus – this ability will be developed over time for a candidate who is fundamentally strong analytically.
· Develop and understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
· Systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that they are delivered.
· Scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by NOC.
· Communicate with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers).
· Provide real-time customer experience by working in 24*7 operating environment.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Fluent in English, and further additional EU languages also beneficial.
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· Significant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience of Six Sigma/ Lean analytical techniques is a plus
Previous experience in Operations Research, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
A first experience supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation, inventory management, S&OP.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Salary – Competitive Package + Benefits
AMZR Req ID: 554720
External Company URL: www.amazon.com