Fiserv Production Print Operator - 1st shift in Hazelwood, Missouri
Work Schedule: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday - Friday with Overtime as necessary along with a Mandatory Weekend
*Hours are subject to flex based on volume demand
1. Production Print Operator is expected to operate and setup the printer equipment (Ricoh 9110 and Xerox Nuvera) including sending data, managing print queues, trays, finishing equipment (staplers/booklet makers/3 knife trimmers, folder, etc), troubleshooting printer and finishing issues, performing general maintenance on equipment and managing uptime to meet client deadlines.
*2. * Responsible for managing up to two print systems (2 Ricoh and/or 2 Xerox systems) simultaneously
3. Perform detailed assembly tasks for completing kits. Duties include sorting, pre-kitting, pulling inventory items, ensuring POD (print on demand) material is accurate and fulfilling the required kits and quantities requested from the client. /*100% accuracy is expected. */
*4. * Must be very detail oriented. Reading detailed instructions and components on tickets is critical.
*5. * Manage inventory and utilize the Printstream inventory system. This includes but limited to entering requests, filling requests, printing usages reports and monitoring min/max inventory levels
6. Perform tasks without direct supervisory or technical assistance.
7. Must have the ability to multi-task and stay focused. Utilize time to maximize productivity and meet client deadlines.
*8. * Required to have a very good working PC user know-how.
9. Learn and become proficient utilizing the shipping software and understanding the shipping requirements for UPS, UPSMI and USPS standards and pricing.
*10. * Must be able to pack and ship materials up to 60lbs. Also use equipment that is essential to the building of materials for kits.
11. Will be required to learn and effectively operate bindery equipment (I. e. Cutter, perfect binder, shrink wrap machine, folder, creaser, spiral notebook equipment, etc.). 12. Improvising sometimes is necessary to solve work problems to maintain work schedules.
13. Must be willing to assist and help others when assigned by the supervisors. Very team oriented.
14. Required to be able to work from Verbal or Written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; and use basic math ---- *all in English*.
15. Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned.
*16. * Must have experience in operating material moving equipment, pallet jacks, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices.
17. Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely.
Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Inserting, printing, bindery, hand fulfillment and shipping experience in a fast pace, high volume production environment or similar background is preferred. Ability to learn at a fast pace is required. Minimum 2 yrs. in a lead or supervisory role.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Requires very good working knowledge and experience with PC’s – keyboarding, hi-speed equipment, manual fulfillment tasks and information lookup. In this position, you must quickly learn (within 4 weeks) to utilize the appropriate equipment. Also requires the ability to stay under control while working with continually changing multi task work assignments in a deadline work environment. Basic machining, printing and/or assembly skills are required. Mechanical background preferred.
Physical Requirements: Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing/sitting/walking position with ability to lift up to 60 lbs. regularly. Also requires the use of hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding and order filling. Also at times must have the ability to reach or grab objects and work in a crouching or kneeling position. Successful performance requires good vision abilities including reading small type at close proximity.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.