Amazon.com Operations Supervisor - Exchange Point Slough - Amazon Logistics in Hayes, United Kingdom
Sun-Weds either 6am-4.30pm or 12pm-10.30pm
Weds-Sat either 6am-4.30pm or 12pm-10.30pm
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
That’s why we’re seeking an experienced, motivated Operations Supervisor to join our busy Fulfillment & Operations department.
As an Operations Supervisor, you will be supporting one of our most innovative Logistics concepts yet and this position will be critical in successfully launching and operating Last Mile Delivery Nodes called Exchange Points. Exchange Points will incorporate the back end operation of a Delivery Station but will be located closer to customer demand centres, in safe and conveniently located areas.
The Operations Supervisor position is a high ownership role within Amazon Logistics and will be critical in successfully launching Exchange Points. You will be responsible for daily management of duties; including providing work direction, leading meetings, assigning job duties and communicating with internal and external suppliers. You will engage with Amazon delivery associates and partners and will be responsible for ensuring safe practices for getting them on-road delivering packages. You will be a driven individual who can self-motivate to deliver an efficient daily operation and provide first class service to our customers.
Detailed below are a list of activities required to be delivered. This is not a full list, but a general guide to help support what a day and week will look like within this role:
· Operate as site lead during your shift, fully understanding workflow and daily goals
· Assign work to associates as required to support the workflow and daily metrics
· Identify improvement opportunities in the processes you are responsible for as this new initiative grows
· Track and report on hours and schedules
· Train new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required
· Ensure successful area performance, through tracking and reporting metrics.
· Independently assess all aspects of associate work performance and provide feedback.
· Work collaboratively with agency representatives and supply feedback on the performance of temporary associates
· Review and update standard procedures as required
· Ensure work areas remain clean and are equipped with proper equipment and supplies.
· Identify and address safety hazards within the work area
· Support the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy
· Support with delivery associate and partner queries swiftly to ensure on road departure times are adhered to
· Ensure site assets are maintained and audited, logging issues via the Trouble Ticket system
· Ensure all job injuries are reported timely in accordance with established policy and procedure.
GCSE Maths & English, grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications),
You will be dedicated to, and take personal responsibility for, meeting and exceeding ambitious production goals,
Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills,
Be Customer Obsessed; always mindful of our key objective to provide exceptional service to our customers.
An excellent verbal and written communicator, you’re able to handle multiple, occasionally conflicting tasks in a fast-paced environment,
Ready to Learn and Be Curious: you’re willing to train and learn new skills,
You are a strong People Manager, able to Earn Trust. You will possess experience in coaching and mentoring others to succeed, as well managing performance and employee engagement levels
You Deliver Results, are able to handle both long and short-term multiple tasks, and demonstrate Bias for Action while working in a fast paced, occasionally ambiguous environment with conflicting priorities and requests,
You demonstrate keen attention to detail, initiative and proactivity, and Insist upon the Highest Standards at all times. Comfortable challenging the status quo, you are always looking for ways to continuously improve and optimise processes.
You’re flexible – willing and able to work flexible schedules/shifts outside of your regular shift pattern, including nights and weekends, to support the needs of our Customers. No task is too small or menial – you roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Previous leadership experience in Warehousing or similar, in a fast-paced environment, would be beneficial to your application,
Solid understanding of delivery processes and logistics, alongside other sortation processes,
A solid understanding of Excel and its application,
Able to work with KPIs and metrics, being able to analyse large data sets to understand trends and look for root causes,
Be familiar with 5 whys analysis,
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
AMZR Req ID: 556574
External Company URL: www.amazon.com