SOC, LLC Motor Vehicle Operator in Hawthorne, Nevada
This position is for a Motor Vehicle Operator for the Hawthorne Army Depot in Hawthorne Nevada.
RATE OF PAY:
* We would like to invite you to Google information about Hawthorne and Hawthorne Army Depot. We like to briefly explain to all of our out of state applicants what life is like in small town Nevada. The reason for this is so all of our applicants are completely aware of where the position will be located. Below you will find a few facts that I have listed for your convenience.
* Hawthorne Army Depot is the largest ammunition storage facility in the world.
* SOC Nevada LLC does not deploy overseas.
* Hawthorne Nevada is a one mile square town with a population of about 3,500 people.
* The nearest major shopping facility (Walmart) is about 75 miles away in Fallon Nevada.
* The closest major city (Reno NV) is located about 2.5 driving hours away.
* Las Vegas Nevada is located about 5 driving hours away.
* Our climate compares to that of Afghanistan (dry desert) but the temperatures are not as extreme.
* There are many opportunities in our area for outdoor recreation. Yosemite National Park, Mammoth Lakes Ski Resort, and many back-roads for for hiking, biking, fishing, ATV/UTV travel are a few of the amenities right out our back door. Hawthorne is a patriotic and peaceful town.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at the information below. Our office hours are 6:30 Am to 5:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time) Monday-Thursday.
* Couple and uncouple trailers by manipulating fifth wheel, pintle hooks, lunettes, safety chains, brake hoses, and electrical connections.
* Perform operator inspections of assigned equipment. Determine malfunctions, advise repairman, and prepare write up. Service equipment by replenishing items such as coolant, fuel, oil, and air as appropriate. Drain air tanks, filters, pumps, and segregators.
* Distribute and secure cargo. Install protective covering as necessary. Mark dangerous or protruding cargo and attach chains to vehicles. Assist with the loading and unloading of the truck; including operating MHE and location of material in the stowage site, when the driver's absence from the truck will not create a safety or security problem.
* Provide training as required to assist less experienced personnel to improve their skills and safety awareness. Use and maintain all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks if properly qualified and authorized by supervision.
* Must satisfactorily complete the Training and Certification Program for Personnel Working in Ammunition Operations required by AMC Regulation 350-4 within 90 days of hire. Maintaining current certification is a condition of continued employment.
* EDUCATION: High School or equivalent. Certifiable trade school training desirable.
* EXPERIENCE: Minnimum of two (2) years experience operating tractor trailers and related operator maintenance.
* CERTIFICATIONS: Must be able to obtain and maintain any certifications as outlined in the Master Training Plan.
* LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain and maintain any certifications as outlined in the Master Training Plan.
* OTHER: Must be able to perform work duties, routinely, in a safe and effective manner, remaining alert and aware of potential work/safety hazards at all time, and especially alert while performing safety sensitive duties.
EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY