The Hartford Investment Operations Analyst-US Core in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: Investment Operations Analyst-US Core
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1702554
• Complete core responsibilities and functions as assigned by the Manager while adhering to established performance standards, procedures, and policies. The core responsibility includes maintaining and supporting underlying investments activities in the trading and accounting systems for AUM in excess of $100B. The daily activities could include Trade Confirmation and Settlement, Cash Publishing and Reconciliation, Assets Reconciliation, State Deposit Processing and other systems to systems Reconciliations.
• Resolve issues in an independent manner/communicate and escalate complex issues timely and appropriately to management. Interact with portfolio managers, traders, analysts, and other external partners – custodians, brokers to effectively communicate and resolve issues timely and accurately. The resolution of issues could include working with counterparty and/or traders to agree/amend trade details; working with custodial bank to correct cash/position breaks, working with corporate banking to amend available cash for short term investment.
• Recommend and assist in implementing process improvements to continue to increase the Straight Through Processing (STP) capabilities through elimination/reduction in manual processes. The process improvement could include working with custodial banks to receive data electronically, adding additional systematic cash/position matching routine, implementing available new systems capabilities for the vendor tools.
• Develop/maintain processing procedures and cross-train peers on their assigned tasks. The procedure document could include the purpose of the procedure, details on how to perform key steps, screen shots, etc. The writing/updating of procedure could be due to investment in new asset class, change in process due to regulatory requirements, and/or implementation of additional systems capabilities.
• Assist in simple departmental level initiatives and projects; provide input and support to project, testing and implementation. The projects could include testing and implementation of new system release (vendor provided), working with internal technology department to implement small process enhancements,
BS/BA degree in Finance, Business or 1-3 years or relevant experience.
Basic understanding of technology with the ability to adapt to new and changing systems.
Basic understanding of investment products and securities operations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment; strong customer service focus.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills
Effective time management skills
Proactive individual who takes charge and ownership of issues
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford’s recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com at http://www.thehartford.com/ .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford .
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age
* NO AGENCIES PLEASE *
Job: Investment Operations