USG Corporation Production Operator in Gypsum, Ohio
United States Gypsum (USG) Corporation is a leading producer of innovative and award-winning products and systems used to build everything from major commercial developments to residential housing and home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety.
We are searching for self-driven and motivated individuals to support the USG Brand. This is a full-time permanent opportunity with career advancement. USG’s Gypsum, OH plant is responsible for manufacturing Sheetrock Joint Compounds, Fiberock Gypsum Boards, Joint Tape and Levelrock Plaster products. We offer a competitive compensation package that include health benefits on Day 1, a 401k cash retirement pension plan, and quarterly incentive plans for hourly employees!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operating industrial machines and equipment that support manufacturing of ready mix, board and plaster operations.
· Making machine adjustments, setting up machines, monitoring machine operations, performing quality checks, recording data, and completing basic routine maintenance
· Formulating chemicals and other items together utilizing automated processes according to specification.
· Operating mobile equipment such a forklift, labeling and marking products, inspecting trailers for safe loading conditions, and preparation of trailers for loading
· Management of inventory storeroom and receiving
· Working in tight and confined spaces
· Observing all safety operating practices and procedures and general housekeeping at the plant
· Strongly committed to safety and interpersonal communication in a team based environment .
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
· High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required
· Manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred but not required
· Must have basic mathematical skills and computer knowledge
· Must be willing to be certified to operator forklift and other mobile equipment
· Must be flexible to work a rotating swing shift days, evenings & nights on 8 or 12-hour shifts
· Must be able to work weekends and mandatory overtime.
· Must be dependable and adhere to company attendance policy
· Committed to follow all mandatory safety practices and operating procedures is a must
· Ability to use measuring tools (tape measure, gauges, calipers, etc…)
· Must be willing to submit to pre-employment checks that will include a drug test, background check, and physical
Organization: *Gypsum - 505
Title: Production Operator
Requisition ID: GYP10191
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.