Red Robin Security Operations Associate in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Security Operations Associate Protects computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls; identifying, monitoring and remediating threats to reduce the exploitation of vulnerabilities through IT systems.
• Monitor system controls to support the NIST CyberSecurity framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
• Maintain network and application access by providing information, resources, and technical support for systems. Systems may include vulnerability scanning and remediation, malware detection and remediation, etc.
• Monitor and audit systems and data logs to identify potential threats to the networks and systems. Maintain and monitor relationships with third party service providers for SOC services
• Install, operate, and maintain security software solutions implemented to drive security and compliance initiatives. This may include vulnerability scans, identity and access systems, or other source systems.
• Monitor and respond to various security alerts that track malware problems from users. This may include vulnerability scans, AV information, configuration management, or other source systems.
• Ensure authorized access by auditing and reviewing improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests; recommending process and system improvements.
• Monitor computer and POS terminal physical security by executing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
• Safeguard computer files by performing regular access reviews; developing procedures for disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
• Work with data center, networking, desktop support, and solution engineering teams to recommend configuration and maintenance of network, systems, and information security equipment.
• Document changes to systems and networks that impact security.
• Enhance security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
• Provide technical documentation and organizational communication for security related initiatives, programs, and inicidents.
• Communicate clearly the purpose, use and objectives of security initiatives, programs and initiatives to both technical and end user audiences.
• Provide input and direction for implementation of physical security controls for office and data center locations.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishe information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 0-3 years in IT Security
• 2-3 IT Operations, or other relevant job experience required
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent required
• Basic familiarity and knowledge of security administration best practices.
• Awareness of data security including encryption, intrusion detection, firewalls, virus protection, etc.
• Understand the issues involved with managing, administering and maintaining institutional technology infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, wireless access, email, etc.
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
• Must have excellent customer skills.
• Ability to gather information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding potentially related problems to security risk.
• Ability to use office equipment, computers, and network diagnostic tools.
• Ability to competently advise and/or serve staff from a variety of backgrounds, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
• Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer
Company: Red Robin
Req Number: 455179
Updated: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 00:00:00 GMT
Location: Greenwood Village,CO
Category: Home Office