American Cancer Society Sr Administrative Assistant - Regional Planning & Operations in Greenville, South Carolina
Sr Administrative Assistant - Regional Planning & Operations
Submit your LinkedIn Profile as your resume!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 24296
South Carolina - Greenville
1 - 3 Years
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Provides high level, diverse, and confidential administrative support to a Regional Vice President and their department Senior Directors/Directors or a Strategic Director MSABC or Relay For Life. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: records management, travel & T&E management, meeting management, general document preparation, calendar management, general correspondence, and special projects.
Full time support to the Regional Vice President includes:
• Acts a liaison and represents the Vice President (VP) or Strategic Director with other departments, facilitates communication with the leadership team, key staff, and volunteers. Represents the department of the VP or with the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism.
• Prepares VP or Strategic Director for meetings and speaking engagements, conducts general internet research on companies, communities, issues, individuals, etc.
• Maintains department records by scanning, filing, and managing electronic and hard copy files, adhering to Records Management policies and procedures.
• Provides travel management support through Concur (including serving as “travel arranger” for internal and external constituents – a.k.a. “Guest Traveler”), works with the Travel department as needed. Prepares travel documents, itineraries, and driving directions for ground travel. Resolves travel and expense issues and champions nationwide meeting and travel policies and procedures.
• Provides T&E management by validating and submitting T&E in ePRF, coding Pcard transactions in a timely manner, and troubleshooting transactions, coding, submissions, and/or payment issues. Ensures adherence to Travel and Expense and PCard policies and procedures as content expert.
• Ensures department e-time submissions are completed, reviewed and approved by the deadline ensuring adherence to eTime policy and procedures. Liaisons with Payroll team as needed to resolve issues.
• Provides meeting management support by coordinating meeting logistics for internal and external meetings, ensures all resources are prepared for meetings (room, AV, presenters, agenda, materials, etc.). Serves as point of contact pre-meeting and onsite day of meeting handling all logistics. Coordinate/collaborate with Meetings and Travel as needed.
• Manages long and short term calendars for the VP or Strategic Director scheduling meetings, conferences, and teleconferences and coordinating schedules with meeting participants.
• Oversees email and mail management, thank you messages, follow up letters, etc. in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Ensures the VP or Strategic Director receives standard reports. Pulls reports as requested by the VP or Strategic Director, reviews reports as needed, and follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet specific needs. Manages department specific data (i.e., PTO tracking, volunteer leadership contact, etc.).
• Oversees special projects as assigned; participates in project teams and specific support activities as identified.
Part time support to the Senior Directors/Directors include:
• Department support for expense/invoice processing in ePRF.
• Department support for records management.
• Department support for meeting management to include internal/external meetings that are large and complex.
• Department support of general document preparation & correspondence (thank you notes, letters to candidates), internet research and general reporting.
• Point of contact for issues with e-Time, finance, IT, Shared Services, travel arrangements while traveling.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and work experience.
• 1-3 years of experience supporting an executive, non-profit experience preferred.
Demonstrates Professional Support Services Competencies:
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Organizational savvy - Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Resourcefulness - Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills; strong word processing, database management and spreadsheet skills.
• Actively demonstrates the enterprise-wide mindsets: integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
• Ability to make administrative decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Able to cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management, and meeting coordination.
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.