Global Brands Group Operations Design 3D (Patternmaker) Temp in Greensboro, North Carolina
Global Brands Group is looking for several temporary employees to work on their Operations Design 3D pilot at their Greensboro office. We are looking for passionate, design-oriented candidates that would like to be a part of our 3D design team; working on developing tech packs, patternmaking, and communication between several teams in the business.
•Develop tech packs that are design driven while being production ready in PLM.
• Revise existing patterns and establish a digital block pattern library.
• Develop accurate sample & production patterns based on sketches from the design department.
• Create 3D virtual samples from flat pattern files (training provided for the right candidate).
• Participate in fittings and solve any fit or balance problems.
• Apply technical expertise to trouble shoot and remove bottle necks in development process.
• Identify problems and/or opportunities, make recommendations and take a leadership role with the implementation of solutions that improve department efficiency and quality of garment development.
• Developing digital patterns based on sketches & spec sheets.
• Partner with Design to create samples correct for design intent to ultimately approve for production.
• Transforming digital pattern files into 3D silhouettes.
• Building and Maintaining 3D Libraries including blocks, fabrications, stitches, trims, & avatars.
• Establishing best practices & creating SOP’s relating to virtual imagery and product development.
• Ultimately accountable for all aspect of the technical design package in PLM to ensure integrity of the information is correct and production driven.
• Works closely with footwear and apparel design teams on the design development of 3D virtual samples and PLM.
• Work closely with technical design, production and sourcing teams to insure they have accurate and up to date information in PLM and 3D.
Digital Pattern Making, 3D design and PLM experience a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Fashion or retail related studies.
Must be okay with working with technology.
Experience using Gerber, Lectra, Illustrator or PAD, preferred.
Experience in Browzwear, Clo3D, and Optitex, a plus.
Knowledge of patternmaking and grading, fabrics, garment construction, production/manufacturing processes and capabilities.
Ability to work across categories including shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, blouses, outerwear, jackets, and tailored garments.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow up and follow through skills.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong sense of urgency.
GBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
External Company URL: http://www.globalbrandsgroup.com/