DK Security Command Center Operator (1st / 3rd shift) in Grand Rapids, Michigan
DK Security is recruiting for the position of *Command Center Operator *in Kentwood, MI. You will find the job description listed below. Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete our online application.
Command Center Operator
1st Shift (8am-4pm Saturdays and Sundays)
3rd Shift (12am-8am Thursdays-Sundays)
16-24+ hours/ week (part-time)
Command Center Operators are responsible for providing effective, 24 hour/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year, support to our corporate management team as well as our supervisors and employees out in the field, and ultimately our customers and clients. In addition, the Command Center Operators are responsible for operating a multi-line switchboard, processing pre-employment background screening, processing companywide payroll, conducting pre-employment phone interviews, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Must provide above excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Provide information and assistance to calling parties concerning emergency, security and general assistance needs.
- Follow procedures in dispatching personnel for emergency and non-emergency response.
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software for complaint documentation and processing of anonymous tip line calls.
- Serve as an information resource to DK employees and clients. Locate requested information through additional sources as needed.
- Process and report background screen requests.
- Process payroll companywide.
- Monitor an anonymous Whistleblower hotline, and provide thorough reports for clients.
- Monitor CCTV system using recording devices.
- Monitor, operate, test and data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire and security systems.
- Prepare reports, activity logs and files. Assist in the maintenance and distribution of reports, records and files.
- Assists security and event staff in scheduling/payroll processing, filling missed shifts, etc.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must have high school diploma or GED as well as some college experience.
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in Criminal Justice, business administration, or other related fields is preferred.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency procedures; ability to manage emergency situations while handling normal control center functions.
- Ability to multi-task multiple job duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with professional personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies and general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
*Physical Demands: *The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
Work Environment: _The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time. _
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.
Command Center Supervisor
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, a response will be issued via a telephone call or email.