Universal Forest Products Forklift Operator in Gordon, Pennsylvania
- Minimum 9th grade basic education; preferred high school diploma or equivalent
- No minimum experience is required; however forklift driving experienced is preferred
- Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
- Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to frequently get on and off a forklift, to withstand operations in rough surfaces, to work in a wide range of weather condition, and operate a forklift for extended periods of time
- Demonstrated eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Provides production departments with material from inventory according to production schedule
- Moves material in process from one station to another (if necessary).
- Bands, wraps and/or packs finished goods, and labels material.
- Moves finished goods from production area to finished goods inventory (yard or warehouse).
- Assist production with bottle necks and other material needs.
- Provides general preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains rough material and finished goods inventory yard organized and clean.
- Completes production records are required.
- Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled