UBS Financial Services Jersey Service Delivery - Operations Risk Management in St. Helier,
Do you have a knack for analyzing Operational Risk & Control in a complex process driven environment? Are you able to manage analysis and controls efficiently and meet deadlines? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
o Perform control processes, including effective supervision, to appropriately manage risks;
o Remediate risk control issues identified;
o Perform risk assessments to monitor inherent risks, assess effectiveness of controls and identify where residual risk exceeds risk appetite;
o Proactively monitor, investigate and escalate incidents and loss events and mitigate, where residual risk exceeds risk appetite in line with escalation procedures
o Independently verify the design and operating effectiveness of first line of defence risk management
o Undertake independent risk assessment and reporting procedures
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working within the Service Delivery Operations team, uniquely positioned given the independence required of the role and working with a Director responsible for the function. The team is working out of the brand new modern building at the Jersey Financial Centre. The role provides effective oversight of operational risks in the banking operations department you'll work closely not only with Service Delivery Senior Management but also Business Partners and Stakeholders across the Bank, both in Jersey and internationally.
Your experience and skills:
• at least 2 years strong operational risk experience either by completing a risk role or working in an Operational environment
• demonstrable evidence of process redesign successes and root cause analysis problem solving techniques
• an ability to write quality incident review documents and produce meaningful Management Information Reporting
• the ability to effectively articulate a problem and crystalize the risk to individuals irrespective of rank or role
• confidence to actively challenge and critically review results and outcomes and uses that information to continuously improve
• a technically savvy team player with an appreciation for Risk capabilities
• adaptable, able to work across teams, functions, business partners and stakeholders
• able to ask questions and gives suggestions in a respectful, convincing way to address potential risks or weaknesses
• focused and can plan ahead and include relevant parties to create the best/most appropriate solution,
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 155036BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Jersey Service Delivery - Operations Risk Management
City: St. Helier
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Jersey, United Kingdom
Function Category: Operations