Esterline Cost Accountant-Operation Controller in Xenia,
The Cost Accountant plays an active role in the site financials: Inventory (valorisation, reporting, Excess and Obsolete calculation and follow-up…), Capital expenditures follow-up,Direct labor efficiency, site costs controls,Revenue recognition. The objective is to have an accurate and compliant cost follow-up and ensure efforts focus on reduction/optimizing costs, to give an accurate financial picture of the economic performance of the site. He/she reports to the Business Unit Controller.
- Monitors & follows the site performance versus Plan or Target (costs, margins, inventory, capex)
- Follows, analyses and challenges the inventory including the E&O; provision.
- Follows, analyses and challenges direct Labor efficiency, purchase costs, consumables.
- Follows, analyses and challenges indirect costs not dedicated to Business units.
- Calculates direct and indirect rates for inventory and projects valorization.
- Follows the respect of the milestones for revenue recognition of our project based activity
- Support the accounting team on ad-hoc request
- Must be US Person
- University level degree in Finance or Business
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Experience in integrated corporate financial systems, reporting tools and data base management systems (ERP systems such as Concur, Baan &/or Essbase knowledge is a plus).
- Experience of effectively managing inventory.
- Experience of standard costing.
- Ability to lead local or regional budget processes.
- Ability to drive accountability for results within the organization.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment & able to deliver results under pressure.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Job Title: Cost Accountant-Operation Controller
Req ID: 10391BR
Location: Esterline Ohio
Country: United States
Position Type: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor