SAP Platform DevOps Engineer - SAP Hybris Cloud Operations Job in Gliwice, Poland
Requisition ID: 153575
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Hybris software helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a global team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and a culture of embracing innovative technology and new ideas.
As a member of the Platform DevOps team you perform a variety of roles spanning the delivery, support and management of customer environments where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a managed cloud service.
As a Platform DevOps engineer, you will be involved in the implementation phase of projects as well as having technical responsibility for customer sites after they are live. This will involve working collaboratively with customers, partners and hybris Cloud Services teams to deliver hybris solutions through the project life cycle, as well as providing quality operational support after go-live to ensure high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by hybris Cloud Services.
In addition, you will have possibility to be involved in the development, maintenance and support of the automation and configuration management solution used to orchestrate infrastructure, manage customer environments, perform automated deployments and so on. You will have many opportunities to demonstrate your abilities, contribute ideas and be a part of both “build” and “run” teams.
This job may include travelling to other hybris offices on an occasional basis.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Installation, administration and configuration of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions, including base applications (Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
• Working closely with project managers, partners, customers, and operations on environment build-outs based on requirements and sizing assessments
• Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service for customer sites by collecting and monitoring key metrics, and proactively planning required changes and improvements to the overall system
• Troubleshooting and finding resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, database, search cluster, integrations, automation platform)
• Providing 3rd level incident management support under ITIL based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base technologies
• Planning, reviewing and executing system changes under ITIL
• Application performance diagnosis and tuning using APM tools like dynaTrace
• Performing of automated tests, evaluation of the results and application of changes to systems
• Contributing to the development and support of the hybris Cloud Services automation platform to ensure it is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications, product upgrades, and configuration changes
• Contributing to the development and implementation of the standards and processes framework supporting the automation platform and hybris Cloud Services product
• Providing and maintaining technical documentation
• This role requires availability to on occasion work flexible hours, as well as participation in off-hour on-call support rotations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field -- preferably Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years experience working in a technical IT role
• Good understanding of high availability, multi-tier web infrastructure and architectures
• Linux administration skills (We are using Debian and CentOS)
• Skills in Apache web servers and understanding of common web protocols.
• Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat (or other application servers)
• Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
• Basic scripting skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
• Good English skills verbal and written
• Willingness to continuously learn and develop skills
Any of the following would be an advantage:
• Experience with tools like Ansible, Puppet
• Knowledge of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
• Knowledge of infrastructure automation and orchestration concepts
• Experience with application performance tuning and APM tools such as dynaTrace or NewRelic
• Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
• ITIL Certification(s)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.