Rowan University Part-Time Testing Assistant/Inspiro Scan Operator (Test Services) in Glassboro, New Jersey
Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 17,300 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Testing Assistant/InspiroScan Operator:
- Candidates must have excellent organizational, time management, customer service and planning skills. Candidate must be proficient with standard office equipment, including computer, document scanner, fax, copier, and calculator. Previous educational experience desired but not required. Reports to the Testing Services Coordinator.
- Testing Assistant works under the supervision of the Coordinator of Testing Services administering tests at Rowan University. InspiroScan Operator is primarily responsible for scanning and emailing reports for InspiroScan jobs, as well as packaging completed jobs for return to faculty and staff. Testing Assistant will also provide support in the Testing Center with test administration as needed. Test administration includes registration, fee collection, test setup, results reporting, required paperwork, filing, and other related duties. Testing Assistant will interact with community members, students, faculty and staff. This is a part time position, not to exceed 944 hours per year, must be available for nights and weekends with advance notice.
- Operate InspiroScan machine and email reports to faculty and staff
- Prepare completed InspiroScan jobs for return to faculty and staff
- Administration of Accuplacer, MAT, CLEP, and other standardized high stakes tests
- Administration of Accommodated Testing for students registered with Rowan University Disability Resources
- Monitor the testing center to ensure that testing candidates are adhering to all Testing Center policies
- Complete FERPA Training and maintain compliance and confidentiality of student information
- Maintain clean and orderly environment including cleaning desks, vacuuming, and emptying paper shredder
- Filing of completed work materials in accordance with the established filing systems
- Deliver tests to mailroom
- Start and shut down computers as required throughout the day
- Answer phone or return phone calls and provide testing information
- Monitor the testing environment to ensure compliance with proctoring instructions and policies
- Complete testing irregularity forms documenting events such as suspected academic dishonesty
- Interact with individuals with a variety of disabilities in compliance with ADA guidelines
- Ensure effective communication with proctors, professional staff, and Testing Services Coordinator
- Communicate with professors, students, parents, and other members of the community regarding policies/procedures of the Testing Center in person and in writing via email
- Intervene/Notify the Testing Services Coordinator if a student exhibits behavior indicating a need for assistance from a member of the Rowan University Wellness Center
- Attend training and professional development opportunities as directed by the Testing Services Coordinator
- Complete other duties deemed reasonable and necessary by the Coordinator of Testing Services
- This part-time position not to exceed 944 hours per fiscal year. Work is contracted annually to coincide with the fiscal year and is contingent upon budget appropriations. Assigned work week hours to be determined.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Organizational and planning skills
- Awareness of test security and confidentiality
- Ability to work with the public, faculty, and staff
- Attention to detail and self-starting initiative
- Ability to follow specific written and oral directions
- Proficient with computer, fax and copier
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks
- Good working knowledge of standard written English
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays with advance notice
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Post Date: 08/10/2017
Job Number: 17GS5487011
Facility: Rowan Main Campus
Department: Testing Services
Status: Temporary Part-time
Deadline Date: 08/20/2017
Location: Glassboro, NJ