Red Jacket Orchards Farm Operator in Geneva, New York
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Comply with all standard safety practices, rules and Company rules and policies
• Wear appropriate clothing for job tasks protective clothing as required
• Follow Good Agricultural Practices for Farming and Food industry
• Setup, operate, and maintain various farm equipment to include but not limited to tractors, sprayers, and wagons used to support farm/orchard operations
• Make minor adjustments and repairs to farm equipment
• Mix chemical ingredients and spray crops to control pests, disease, weeds, fungus, etc.
• Assist with field/orchard maintenance as needed to include: Planting, pruning, hand thinning, chip budding trees and tilling/ cultivating soil
• Safely and responsibly use provided tools such as pruning shears, loppers, ladders, bags, buckets, totes, bins etc.
• Pick or harvest crops in a manner that ensures safety, quality, and productivity goals are met or exceeded.
Crops to include but not limited to:
• Pack/load fruits and vegetables into appropriate containers (bags, bins, trays, etc)
• Communicate harvest/pick information to team leader on a daily basis via established methods to include both oral and written
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on crop status and weather conditions
• Perform other job related tasks as required