United States Steel Management Associate - Operations & Maintenance in Gary, Indiana
7828BRMid-Level:ECT/Gary Tin/MW Tin Work Location:GARY WORKSJob Description:The Management Associate position is an entry level position for college graduates which provides a 24 month training period to prepare for an Operations or Maintenance Manager position in our plants. Training consists of classroom and \"hands on\" work experiences in areas such as Safety, Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, and Problem Solving. Specific process and equipment training will also be provided in On-the-Job type training.
Due to the nature of our business, the facility operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year so the Management Associate position may require working rotating schedules, weekends and/or holidays.
As a Management Associate, you will learn to: Apply engineering and/or business principles and problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment to insure maximum operating efficiency while handling the pressure of managing a production crew.
Your responsibilities would be to successfully learn to: supervise, direct, and coordinate the efforts of experienced technicians to keep the production operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption; consult with other production and maintenance managers, plant engineers, staff professionals, and outside equipment manufacturers; and select, train, and supervise employees.
Due to the technical nature of this position, a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science/Metallurgy, Engineering Technology or Business is required, as is an interest in a \"hands on\" assignment in a manufacturing environment.
• Must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Prior internship a plusAuto req ID:7828BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Management Associate - Operations and MaintenanceState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Preferred Skills:We are looking for motivated self-starters that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful undergraduate will be an analytical problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for process improvement. In addition, a successful intern will have:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and an aptitude for your area of study
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• A willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
• The ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tacticallyCompetency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.