The University of Texas Medical Branch Business Coordinator - Revenue Cycle Operations - Shearn Moody Plaza in Galveston, Texas
High school and two years of revenue cycle experience.
Performs account activities, insurance follow-up, and identifies medical reimbursement issues affecting outstanding hospital and physicians accounts.
Actual salary is commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Primary role of this job will be those of a business coordinator.
- Reconciles Process accounts comparing entries on ledgers with invoices, journal vouchers, and purchase orders to verify accuracy of postingand receipt of payment for services provided by the Process.
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates databases and spreadsheets.
- Compiles datafor necessary reports and develops reports that areuser friendly
- Interfaces with RCO billing representatives and senior level management in communicating and resolving issues and tracking to final decision.
- Responsiblefor administrative support tasks at the executive level.
- Coordinates personnel matters, including the coordination of the hiring, separation, and evaluation processes, with Human Resources ensuring compliance with current policies, procedures, and practices.
- Processes and monitors status of personnel actionforms such as promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action including record maintenance.
- Prioritizes and completes all work in an accurate, effective and efficient manner.
- Participates in team meetings/activities and supports the philosophy and goals of the team and department.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of new employees.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required.
Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
Experience with PeopleSoft/DataMart
Experience with Hyperion preferred
Degree in Finance/Accounting preferred
Experience with Budgeting
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Business Coordinator - Revenue Cycle Operations - Shearn Moody Plaza
Job ID: 56955
Business Unit: FINCE