MV Transportation Operations Manager in Gainesville, Florida
MV Transportation is seeking an Operations Manager to manage the daily operations of the location to ensure that the service is provided on a daily basis according to the client and General Manager expectations.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred higher education in Business and Management arena.
- Previous supervisory experience required, preferably in a transportation operation.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must have strong leadership characteristics.
- Must have good time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Requires flexible hours, including long days and weekends.
- Must have a working vehicle and valid FL Driver License to travel within service area.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- In conjunction with GM, develops daily operating procedures geared to ensure that service meets contract requirements and corporate policy and are documented properly.
- Ensures that location is in compliance with both client and company policies and procedures.
- Maintains or manages attendance records for vehicle operators and back-up drivers; ensures that the attendance policy is enforced and monitored daily.
- Develops staff and operator schedules fairly, in consideration of seniority, according to client demands/requirements and adhering to budget.
- Responsible for positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- Works with SM, MM, and GM to ensure that the appropriate resources are available in terms of staff and fleet to provide service according to contract, assists in negotiations between departments when necessary to facilitate full service.
- Addresses human resource issues promptly, accordingly and following the principles of progressive discipline where appropriate, emphasizing corrective actions to improve individual performance.
- Works with Safety Training department to review accidents and incidents to determine cause and preventability, and to identify trends that may require additional training and resources.
- Ensures that individual customer/passenger concerns are responded to in a manner that includes investigation and follow-up as concerns apply to specific employees and compilation of monthly report for clients.
- Establishes relationships with client and agency contacts to improve community relations and ensure project involvement in program changes and development.
- Prepares required operating reports for client and management staff.
- Promotes a safe, reliable, and efficient operating environment.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance providing a consistent example to operations staff.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
CATEGORY: Management, Training, Transportation
POSTING ID: TNOPERA60340_60340
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified