Ultimate Software SENIOR SECURITY OPERATION CENTER (SOC) ANALYST in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Ultimate Software is looking for individuals who are passionate about Security! Do you stay up at night thinking about vulnerabilities and attack scenarios? Do you enjoy working with a team of software security professionals to creatively secure and maintain an enterprise product? If so, Ultimate Software needs you!
We need senior talent to help us ensure continuous security of our enterprise application, which is hosted in our own private cloud, consisting of thousands of servers, to millions of users across the globe. As a Senior Security Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst you will be part of the software development team working with incidents as they come in. You will be monitoring infiltration attempts, analyzing logs looking for patterns to ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner. You will identify attack patterns and how to defend against them, and continuously evolve the team to be more efficient through the creation of tools. You have to be more than a button pusher, you must challenge the system, and know why you are doing what you are doing and want to constantly grow.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #5 on its “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2016.
If this sounds interesting, tell your friends and apply today!!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities*:*
- Defense perspective threat modeling
- Monitor and analyze data flow to identify and block malicious behavior and activities
- Identify risk areas that will require vulnerability prevention
- Provide updates and identified threats to the organization
- Continuously improve processes through automation and tools creation
- Stay current with security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Hunt for malware and identify indicators of compromise
- Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience supporting a SOC team or similar
- Understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point management and server management
- Experience configuring and implementing technical security solutions, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Experience monitoring and analyzing network traffic, host-based security appliance logs and IDS alerts is a strong plus
- Security incident handling understanding
- Working HTTP knowledge
- Working UNIX/Linux knowledge
- Good understanding of TCP/IP
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Basic WAF understanding
- Meticulous reporting skills
- Understand the applicability of software vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 threats
- Experience in script programming (PowerShell, Python, ELK).
- Knowledge in malware analysis
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Posted: August 18, 2017