Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard/Pool Operator) NF-02 in Fort Wainwright, Alaska
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Fort Wainwright and surrounding communities within 50 miles of the installation(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at DFMWR Aquatics, Fort Wainwright, AK
Performs lifeguarding duties and limited management functions. Directs the operation of the pool and the work of assigned lifeguards. Ensures the safe operation of the pool, it's filtration system, water balance, pool chemistry and performs water test. Responsible for lifeguarding guest in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required. Ensures that safety rules are followed. Responsible for teaching aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21. Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed.Keeps accurate records and adequate supplies.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
Possess and maintain the following certificates:
American Red Cross "Lifeguard" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification.
American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer" (CPR-Pro) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates (CPR) Certification.
Must possess the following certifications when facilities use Automated External Defibrillator "AED's" and Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles".
American Red Cross "Automated External Defibrillator" (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification.
American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration" certification or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Ellis & Associates Oxygen Administration certification.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Applicant must be able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This position requires Certifications and a copy must be received in order to receive consideration.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475881900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-01 to 2017-12-29
Salary: $11.76 to $17.50 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: WENAFEV1710030238SR
Control number: 475881900