Waste Management Centrifuge Operator II - Fort Morgan, CO in Fort Morgan, Colorado
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Centrifuge Operator II is primarily responsible for operating, directing and managing shift operations of Thermal Desorption Technology, Centrifuge Technology, and/or chemical treatment including Health Safety and Environmental, Production and leading and training operators. This position will also require maintaining process equipment and technical support for multiple locations. This person will be required to safely operate Thermal Desorption Technology, Centrifuge Technology and/or chemical treatment.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists job site construction, providing coordination and leadership support as required.
- Operates, maintains, and verifies that equipment is in working order by performing routine inspections and performing basic preventative maintenance tasks with hand tools.
- Directs and trains site operators.
- Technically supports operations in multiple locations.
- Records and maintains daily operations and preventive maintenance logs.
- Trains customers on the operation and maintenance of the centrifuge skids
- Troubleshoots operations and maintenance via phone.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties but may act as a lead for junior level technicians.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One year of experience operating a centrifuge or another kind of mechanical dewatering equipment required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Basic Plus Safety Training
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and wear respirator
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Set up and operations of PLC systems
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects heavier than 50 pounds frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
Normal setting for this job is: Customer site; Outside, in elements.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Engineering/Environmental Protection
Title: Centrifuge Operator II - Fort Morgan, CO
Location: Colorado-Fort Morgan
Requisition ID: 17013865