Citi Operational Risk Analyst IV in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Primary Location: United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17045463
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citibank has designed a process to conduct due diligence on certain clients. The program includes review of transaction activity and necessary “Know Your Customer” information.
Citi is seeking an Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Analyst who can successfully contribute to the CBSU triage process and work with other staff members throughout Citi as well as in our other CBSU sister locations. Some of the duties include the ability to analyze issue/problem tickets that are submitted by other analysts in the CBSU along with management reporting on the tickets submitted. Need ability to review and assist in determining the root cause of the issue in addition to working with other departments to coordinate getting all issues resolved and validated by analysts. Lastly, Analyst needs the ability to lead and coordinate in training the other Citi Analysts on the all issue resolutions and any impacted procedural changes. Other opportunities are available to work on special projects and assist in project management activities within the CBSU department.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain production goals and quality standards while seeking to identify best practices.
The selected candidate may also be required to assist the team manager in gathering information for reporting purposes and assist with special projects, along with completing specified tasks from end to end.
The selected candidate must also maintain a strong level of independence and possess the ability to think on their feet. Strong written and verbal communication skills are key components to succeed in this role.
The selected candidate may also assist in the on-boarding and training of new associates, as well as being a mentor to less experience teammates.
The selected candidate must also maintain excellent organizational and time management skills with a high focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
• Minimum 3-5 years of Financial Crimes, AML Investigations, or Operational Risk experience
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
• Subject matter expertise in AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements.
• Collection and assessment of beneficial ownership
• Review of complex business formation and governance documents
• Demonstrated success articulating and delivering findings on AML high risk behaviors and KYC data
• High level analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with background checks/intelligence/customer research/transactional analysis
• High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
• Advanced written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
• Ability to contribute, support, and lead efforts to achieve department/ business unit goals, up to and including recommendations to changes in policy and procedures resulting from review findings, participate in leadership level meetings, and quality assurance review of analyst case work
• Assist Senior Level Analysts and management with escalating potential compliance driven risks
• Supports Senior Level Analysts and management with additional duties including special projects, time driven deliverables, and High Risk Customer escalations
• Ability to work independently and use a high level of independent judgment
• Knowledge of Citibank branch processes and procedures
• Strong knowledge of Citibank customer and transaction systems ( i.e., Concierge, Citismart, CRU, On Demand, etc.)
• Bi-lingual (Spanish preferred)
• CAMS/CFE certification