Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Range Operations) NF-02 in Fort McCoy, Wisconsin
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is World-Wide, US Citizens and Non-Citizens; Military Spouse moving into the area within 30 days, or applicants willing to move to commuting area on your own expense. This position is located at Fort McCoy, WI. Welcome to the Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation Activities at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. We proudly serve Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the surrounding area. Fort McCoy is located on 60,000 acres between Sparta and Tomah, WI. Since its creation in 1909, the post has been used primarily as a military training center. Fort McCoy is known as the Total Force Training Center because this installation supports the training and mobilization of reserve and active component military personnel from all branches of armed forces. The installation's varied terrain, state-of-the-art ranges, new as well as renovated facilities, supports our military personnel with an excellent environment in which to develop and sustain the skills necessary for their mission success. Sportsman's Range is a dynamic place to work. You will find 50, 100 & 200 meter rifle ranges, up to 50 meter pistol range, combination trap and skeet shotgun range, a 3-D archery range and elevated archery range. Shift can include irregular duty hours that may include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Announcement will have a first cutoff date of June 30, 2017 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur. Please visit www.mccoy.armymwr.com or*www.mccoy.army.mil* for relocation, quality of life and child care information and assistance. If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
Executes range facility opening, closing, and operating procedures in accordance with installation, local, and federal laws. Maintains communications and follows instructions of the installation range control agency to ensure safe operations. Coordinates medical support through the installation range control agency. Instructs patrons on range safety practices, and provides general firearm and marksmanship information. Responsible for all safety issues in the operation of the range. Ensures proper handling storage, accountability, inventory of ammunition, and vault security. Issues ammunition and range related accessories to customers, checks IDs and collect fees. Checks inventory and supplies, and requests restock. Performs cashier duties and maintains records of sales. Conducts facility and range maintenance. Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory, and that customers adhere to safety procedures. Receives and resolves customer complaints. Directs patrons; schedules use of ranges; conducts briefings; and monitors patrons. Coordinates league, competition, and group functions. Performs other duties as assigned. For additional position information see FASCLASS PD# AM502 at https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/searchfs/searchnafoutput.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hnG%2BCUpmZlIuYladR
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Valid Driver's License is required to drive Government vehicles
- Must be 18 years of age by appointment date
Must have experience with firing range operations and firearm safety and possess work experience which involved dealing with the general public. Must have cashier skills. Must be able to obtain current Installation Range Certification Card, National Rifle Association (NRA) Range Safety Officer Certification, or equivalent certification within 60 days of entrance on duty.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Meet all qualification/eligibility requirement.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background check/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
- Valid driver's license is required to drive government vehicles.
- Must be able to work irregular duty hours that may include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) as required by Army Regulation 600-85. A negative drug test is required prior to appointment for a TDP. Incumbent will be subject to subsequent random drug test as required.
- Must meet age restrictions for the handling of firearms. Position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- Individual must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance and heavier loads with assistance.
- Must be able to obtain current Installation Range Certification Card, National Rifle Association (NRA) Range Safety Officer Certification, or equivalent certification within 60 days of entrance on duty.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- These are Flexible on call positions, employees may work up to 40 hours per week and may be assigned to other activities based on mission requirement.
- These are Flexible positions and are not entitled to benefits.
- Announcement will have a first cutoff date of June 30, 2017, 2017 and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible will be given first consideration. This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as a need for recruitment occurs. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472446100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-06-19 to 2017-09-01
Salary: $11 to $11 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: NCNAFDE1710020206
Control number: 472446100