U.S. Army Sustainment Command Mobile Equipment Operator (Materials Handler/FLO) in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This position is located in the Logistics Readiness Center, Fort Leonard wood, MO.
Fort Leonard Wood is located in the beautiful South-Central Missouri Ozarks. The Fort covers more than 61,000 acres and is located in Pulaski County. Bordering the installation to the north are the towns of Waynesville/St. Robert and Interstate 44. St. Louis is a two-hour drive to the east along I-44 and Springfield is a little more than an hour's drive to the west of Fort Leonard Wood.
This is a Term Position, Not to Exceed 13 Months. As a current Federal employee in the competitive service with career or career-conditional status, you may apply for the temporary/term position and will automatically be considered as a reinstatement eligible. You will be converted from your permanent appointment to the non-status, time-limited appointment without a break in service and will carry all of your current federal benefits with you (e.g. retirement, TSP, health and life).
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
As a Mobile Equipment Operator (Material Handler/Fork Lift Operator), your duties may include:
- Receive, store and issue a wide variety of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment.
- Operate equipment such as tractor, dozer, grader, truck, and forklift to move equipment and tow or transport other mobile equipment.
- Assist with loading and off-loading equipment and supplies.
- Receive and process incoming shipments or customer turn-ins.
- Receive requests for issue or shipment of equipment and supplies.
- Operate forklift to move material to and from storage areas, load/unload, transfer, transport and stack/unstack palletized goods, boxes, crates, merchandise, materials and supplies from one location to another.
- Serve as alternate armor, receiving, issuing, storing, shipping and inventorying weapons.
- Serve as back-up fuel handler.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) maybe required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
Questions? This job is open to 3 groups.
- Incumbent is required to pass a Drug Test.
- Incumbent must pass a Forklift certification course.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management Qualification Standards for Trades and Labor Occupations (X-118C) located at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=WG-5701. Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the duties of the position rather than the length of experience. Eligibility will be determined by relevance, scope and quality of all experience and training. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Mobile Equipment Operator (Materials Handler/FLO) without more than normal supervision. Applicant must indicate in their resume that they meet the Screen Out Element: Ability to Do the Work of the Position Without More Than Normal Supervision. Work of the position includes: (1) receiving, storing, moving and issuing of variety of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment and supplies (2) processing incoming shipments, (3) operating forklift for movement of material, (4) preparing shipping and turn-in documents, and (5) receiving, issuing, inventorying and storing of weapons. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability To Operate Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Reliability and Dependability as a Mobile Equipment Operator
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
- Physical Effort: The operating of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment requires moderate effort when pushing, pulling and depressing the levers, clutches and brakes. The warehousing and maintenance duties require the incumbent to walk and stand on hard surfaces, stoop,bend and work in tiring or uncomfortable positions. The incumbent is frequently required to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds and to occasionally handle items over 70 pounds.
- Working Conditions: The operator works outside in all types of weather and is exposed to cold, heat, noise and fumes. The incumbent is exposed to possible injury caused by swinging loads held by a crane and moving equipment.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Applicant must under go a pre-employment medical exam and may require an annual physical to meet physical effort requirements.
- A valid State Driver's License is required.
- Incumbent must complete an Army-approved Defensive Driving Certification course in order to drive non-tactical vehicles.
- Position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968; persons convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the position.
- Incumbent will be required to sign DA Form 5019 and submit to a drug urinalysis test and participate in random drug testing thereafter.
- Position requires a forklift certification.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Other Advantages: Employees at Fort Leonard Wood may have the following available: work-out facilities, golf course, swimming pool, tennis courts, rental program (e.g. pop-up campers and trailers), ample free parking, a youth center and childcare services. Fort Leonard Wood employees may also have access to the Fort Leonard Wood Lake of the Ozarks Recreation Area (LORA). LORA is a great place to get away from all the worries of every-day life.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Expenses are not authorized.
- This is a Career Program (CP) Position 24.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476501300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-09 to 2017-08-17
Salary: $17.92 to $20.90 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 7
Series: 5701 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Operating
Appointment type: Term - 4 years
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: SWKA171510670845
Control number: 476501300