U.S. Army Sustainment Command Mobile Equipment Operator (Material Handler/Fork Lift Operator) in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located within the U.S. Army Sustainment Command, Log Readiness Center, Supply and Service Division,at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Fort Leonard Wood is located in the beautiful South-Central Missouri Ozarks. The Fort covers more than 61,000 acres and is located in Pulaski County. Bordering the installation to the north are the towns of Waynesville/St. Robert and Interstate 44. St. Louis is a two hour drive to the east along I-44 and Springfield is a little more than an hour's drive to the west of Ft. Leonard Wood.
This position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 4 years by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or reassignments may be extended up to a maximum of five years, and may be permanent without further competition. Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant Learn more about this agency
As a Mobile Equipment Operator (Material Handler/Fork Lift Operator) your duties may include:
- Receive, store, and issue a wide variety of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment.
- Operate equipment such as tractor, dozer, grader, truck, and forklift to move equipment and tow or transport other mobile equipment.
- Assist with loading and off-loading equipment and supplies.
- Receive and process incoming shipments or customer turn-ins.
- Receive request for issue or shipment of equipment and supplies.
- Operate a forklift to move material to and from storage area, load/unload, transfer, transport and stack/unstack palletized goods, boxes, crates, merchandise, materials and supplies from one location to another.
- Receive, issue,store, ship, and inventory weapons.
- Identify and perform routine preventive maintenance on vehicles.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty may be required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
5701 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Operating
- Motor Vehicle Operators, All Other
Operators, Motor Vehicle, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is NOT authorized.
- Forklift Certification is required.
- This is a drug testing position.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Forklift certification is required.
- This position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence are not eligible for the position.
- This is a drug testing position.
- This position requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle and successfully pass an Army approved defensive driving certification course. An appropriate, valid driver's license is required and must be maintained for the position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Mobile Equipment Operator (Material Handler/Fork Lift Operator) without more than normal supervision. You must have the ability to perform the common task of receiving, storing, moving and issuing of variety of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment and supplies processing incoming shipments, operating forklift for movement of material. I work under close supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes task in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision (Screen-out Element)
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability To Operate Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Reliability and Dependability as a Mobile Equipment Operator
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
- Physical Efforts- The operating of commercial, tactical and engineer equipment requires moderate effort when pushing, pulling and depressing the levers, clutches and brakes. The warehousing and maintenance duties require the incumbent to walk and stand on hard surfaces, stoop, bend and work in tiring or uncomfortable positions. The incumbent is frequently required to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds and to occasionally handle items over 70 pounds.
- Working Conditions- The operator works outside in all types of weather and is exposed to cold, heat, noise and fumes. The incumbent is exposed to possible injury caused by swinging loads held by a crane and moving equipment.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 24 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Other Advantages: Fort Leonard Wood employees may have the following available to them: work out facilities, golf course, swimming pools, tennis courts, rental program (e.g. pop up campers, trailers), ample free parking, a youth center and childcare services. Fort Leonard Wood employees may also have access to the Fort Leonard Wood Lake of the Ozark Recreational Area (LORA). LORA is a great place to get away from all the worries of everyday life.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position. Proof of Eligibility to Apply:Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/16/2017 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10058040).
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. The Department of Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
KA-APF-W6YTAA LOG READINESS CTR, FT LEONARD WOOD DO NOT MAIL Fort Leonardwood, MO US
Learn more about this agency
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/481262900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/05/2017 to 10/16/2017
Salary: $17.92 to $20.90 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 7
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Temporary Promotion - 5 years