Northrop Grumman SCA Computer Operator/Analyst (Part time on call) in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
SCA Computer Operator/Analyst (Part time on call)
Requisition ID: 17007892
Location(s): United States-Kansas-Fort Leavenworth
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
The Northrop Grumman Technical Services team is seeking an experienced system administrator interested in professional and personal advancement prospects in a challenging work environment supporting the US Army Mission Command Training Program (MCTP). This is a part time on call position. The administrator will help define the future by working side by side with US Department of Defense civilians, US military and personnel from other Governmental organizations. The team supports US Army simulation-based training out of Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and employs the Army's Warfighters' Simulation (WARSIM). The team's system administrators prepare WARSIM and its components for operation during MCTP Warfighter Exercises (WFX). They prepare simulation components for shipment to and from training exercise sites across the United States and overseas. Our system administrators build and distribute hard drive images; install, configure and administer servers and client workstations; load software patches and security updates. They set-up, test and monitor the performance of both Microsoft and Red Hat Linux-based servers and workstations, and respond to trouble calls at the exercise training site. Other duties include the installation, configuration and set-up of exercise control and collaboration client computers; routine maintenance of MCTP systems hardware and software; and assistance with troubleshooting and repairing local area networks.
Basic Qualifications: The ability to obtain a US Secret security clearance is required.
• The applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of six years of computer system administration experience.
• The applicant must acquire a CompTIA A or Security certification within six months of hire.
• Continuing education in Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)/Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) computing environments is an ongoing requirement.
• An applicant must be able to lift equipment containers weighing 50lb.
• Applicants must also be willing to travel in the United States and overseas to support simulation-based Army training exercises.
Preferred Qualifications: • Familiarity with US Army organizations, systems and operations is a plus.
• Our system administrators have or are working towards a Bachelor's Degree.
Military experience and knowledge of US Army organizations, systems and operations are invaluable. CompTIA, Microsoft and Red Hat Linux computing environment certifications are preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: SCA Computer Operator/Analyst (Part time on call)
Location: Kansas-Fort Leavenworth
Requisition ID: 17007892