Army Installation Management Command Recreation Assistant (Range Operations) NF-02 in Fort Knox, Kentucky
About the Agency
This position is located at French Range
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is the local commuting area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Executes range facility opening, closing, and operating procedures in accordance with installation, local, and federal laws. Maintains communications and follows instructions of the installation range control agency to ensure safe operations. Coordinates medical support through the installation range control agency. Instructs patrons on range safety practices, and provides general firearm and marksmanship information. Responsible for all safety issues in the operation of the range. Perform other duties as assigned.
To review the complete position description, click here.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 5% for possible training
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Health and immunization screening is required
- Drug test is required
Must have experience with firing range operations and firearm safety and possess work experience which involved dealing with the general public. Must have cashier skills. Must be able to obtain current Installation Range Certification Card, National Rifle Association (NRA) Range Safety Officer Certification, or equivalent certification within 60 days of entrance on duty.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Must work weekends.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, to include a National Agency Check with Inquires (NACI).
- Individual must be able to lift up to 45 pounds without assistance and heavier loads with assistance.
- Must meet age restrictions for the handling of firearms. Position is covered by the 1996 Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) as required by Army Regulation 600-85. A negative drug test is required prior to appointment for a TDP. Incumbent will be subject to subsequent random drug test as required.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476576100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-09 to 2017-08-16
Salary: $9.78 to $9.78 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: SWNAFDM1710036688
Control number: 476576100