U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command Supervisory Intelligence Specialist (Operations) in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is located at the HT-JCOE.
WARNING: DO NOT INCLUDE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKET! Application packages that contain Classified information WILL NOT receive consideration for this position. Should you submit a resume or any other document as part of your application package and it is confirmed that any of the information is Classified, in addition to being found ineligible for consideration for this position, your Security Office will be notified to determine if any further action is warranted.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 10-Point Other Veterans? Rating
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- 5-Point Veterans' Preference
- Current Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Disabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Prior Federal Service Employee
- United States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
Serves as a HUMINT Training-Joint Center of Excellence (HT-JCOE) Source Operations Course supervisor, as well as an operational Intelligence Specialist. In this capacity participates in the design, development and implementation of training and curriculum in accordance with established training standards. Supervises assigned personnel, both technically and administratively. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Provide technical oversight of employee work and develops performance plans and rates employees. Responsible for the review and analysis of lessons learned to apply to the training and curriculum. Supports senior instructors in developing training programs, curricula, and materials, and evaluating, updating, and maintaining the current training curricula.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience with intelligence-related research, analysis, collections and/or operations and experience providing formal intelligence training. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GG/GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Education and Training
- Intelligence Operations
- Oral Communication
Progressively responsible experience is that which has included intelligence-related research, analysis, collections and /or operations. This experience should have included intelligence analysis and/or production, intelligence collection and/or operations, counterintelligence, or threat support directly related to the position to be filled.This experience should demonstrate: Knowledge of intelligence processes, cycle and organizations; Knowledge of and/or ability to use research tools such as library holdings, photographs, statistics, graphics and maps; Knowledge of the systems, procedures and methods of analyzing, compiling, reporting and disseminating intelligence data; and/or Knowledge of organization(s) for and methods of collecting and analyzing intelligence data.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance based on an SSBI with eligibility for sensitive compartmented information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- TDY may constitute up to 30% of time CONUS and/or OCONUS.
- Must be willing to work overtime and irregular hours.
- May be required to pass a polygraph examination.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must be willing to work adverse environmental conditions.
- Must execute a classified information Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Per DCHE-M, VOL II 3301.002, must be a graduate of at least one Category II certifying HUMINT course.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 35 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476648900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-10 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $86,264 to $112,142 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GG 13
Series: 0132 Intelligence
Appointment type: Excepted Service Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: WTST171448076301
Control number: 476648900