Joint Services and Activities Supported by the Office, Secretary of the Army Motor Vehicle Operator (BUS) in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:You will provide official motor transportation for the Motor Operations Division (MOD). Operate a U.S. Government leased passenger-carrying gasoline or diesel vehicle throughout the National Capitol Region (NCR) for Department of Defense personnel of the Office, Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Departments of the Army and Air Force, other designated Department of Defense components and visiting dignitaries.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Drive a 19 to 44 passenger bus or similar vehicle with either manual (standard) or automatic transmission. Involved in Ceremonial Bus Transportation Support for the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and high-ranking officials. Provide special transportation for the Medal of Honor that concludes at the White House and requires overtime.
- Operate a bus over predetermined routes and arrive/depart from pick-up points and discharge points at scheduled times. Check authorized passes on all passengers before allowing them to enter the bus.
- While driving, utilize safety measures to prevent damage to the vehicle and any injury to the passengers. If the vehicle is equipped with a two-way-radio, utilize proper procedures for transmitting on traffic/hazardous conditions, accidents, instructions and changes in destination, time schedules or any emergency messages.
- Serve as backup support for the Pool Service by operating leased passenger carrying vehicles: including sedans station wagons, and ambulances as assigned equipped with manual (standard) or automatic transmission. Provide official motor transportation for the Motor Transport Directorate throughout the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Complete vehicle reports and motor Equipment Utilization Record to include hours, miles, fuel, oil, coolant, and battery.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
United States Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- This position will require shift work and extended hours (overtime).
- Written and Road test required for a US Government Vehicle Operator permit.
- Good driving record.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator License.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) (P) endorsement with good driving record.
- Drug testing prior to appointment and random testing after appointment.
- Relocation (Government Home Sale) expenses will NOT be authorized.
- Recruitment / Retention / Relocation incentive will NOT be authorized.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Ability to do the work of a Motor Vehicle Operator (BUS) without more than normal supervision (Screen Out Element).
- Operation of motor vehicles
- Work practices of a motor vehicle operator (including keeping things neat, clean and in order)
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability to drive safely (Motor Vehicles) providing official transportation
Light physical effort is used in reaching, bending, turning or moving hands, arms, feet and legs to operate hand and foot controls. Moderate physical effort may be required in the handling of objects weighing up to 20 pounds and occasional handling of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Operates vehicles day or night in all types of traffic and weather conditions for all shifts. Operator is subject to cuts, bruises and other injuries as a result of accidents while driving vehicles. Must agree to work on any of the two shifts (1st and 2nd). If required, must agree to wear government provided uniform while operating vehicle. If required to work overtime, must agree to do so and will be compensated at the authorized overtime rate. Ability to pass the written test and the road test that is required for a U.S. Government Vehicle Operators Permit prior to hiring along with a. good driving record.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474373800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-26
Salary: $24.24 to $28.18 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 08
Series: 5703 Motor Vehicle Operating
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCHT171499101986900D
Control number: 474373800