Defense Acquisition University Facility Operations Specialist in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
About the Agency
Are you ready to help a world-class university take on the challenges of reaching over 100,000 learners worldwide? The Defense Acquisition University (DAU) is the recognized leader as a corporate university, advancing the use of technology in all areas of education. The professional faculty and staff at DAU work in a strong team environment to continuously improve the ways we help our students learn by delivering the right knowledge and skills at the point of need. Come join this dynamic team using your expertise to make a real impact in the acquisition community.
- Apply computer skills to manage an internal (electronic) work order tracking system- providing updates to customers, delegating the workload to employees/coworkers and ensuring that maintenance work orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures work orders that cannot be addressed by the in house maintenance personnel are submitted to Fort Belvoir's DPW for completion. Constant monitoring of these work orders is essential for statuses, funding requirements and customer awareness.
- Incumbent will assist in liaison efforts with Fort Belvoir's DPW on issues that impact DAU facilities. Attendance of partnering meetings between DPW and their base maintenance contractor will be required to assist with proper work order tracking.
- Passes on to other workers, instructions received from supervisor and starts work- by assigning the immediate tasks to be performed by individual members of the group led. Insures that needed plans, blueprints, material, materials and tools are available and that stock is obtained from supply locations (via purchase requisitions). Ensures that there is enough work to keep everyone within the department busy and that all of the instructions/work sequences/methods and deadlines are met by the subordinate employees.
- Performs a wide range of repair and/or maintenance duties consisting of but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, painting etc. as this position may entail doing the physical labor associated with these tasks and associated tasks on an as needed basis.
- Conduct surveys of facilities at DAU's Fort Belvoir campus in order to assist in the preparation of annual facilities status reports to the installation of Fort Belvoir.
- Assist in managing numerous aspects of facilities maintenance, construction and management for DAU's numerous historic facilities. 8. Prepares or assists in preparing statement of work, specifications independent cost estimates etc. associated with facility/construction related projects.
- Serve as a Contractor's Officer Representative (COR) or Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR) as required.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
All US citizens.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
For the NJ-III Facility Operations Specialist, you must have one year of specialized experience at the NJ-1640-II (GS-08) grade level in Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience with managing an electronic work order tracking system; Prioritizing, developing, and managing workloads and/or schedules of facility maintenance personnel. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. For the NJ-IV position Facility Operations Specialist: You must have a least one year of specialized experience at the NJ-III or GS-11 equivalent in the Federal service or an equivalent position in the civilian sector.. Specialized experience in at least two of the areas: Experience in managing and or directing a facilities maintenance department; Experience in crediting scopes of work and cost estimates based off visual inspections of current site conditions for various types of facility related projects; Experience in managing an electronic work orders tracking system. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Equivalent combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and experience may be used to meet total experience requirements. Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background or Security Investigation:This position requires a Public Trust - Background Investigation. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. Application of Veterans Preference:The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Review our benefits
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Moving expenses will not be paid.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- Probationary Period: A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 85 or are placed into the middle quality level category of "Highly Qualified" under category rating procedures, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476622700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-10 to 2017-08-23
Salary: $54,972 to $86,460 / per year
Pay scale & grade: NJ 3 - 4
Series: 1640 Facility Operations Services
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: D-DAU-10028684-17
Control number: 476622700