Altra Industrial Motion Operations Manager in Erie, Pennsylvania
Directs and coordinates activities of materials, quality and production departments in processing materials and the manufacturing of products that meet the quality, delivery and cost standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for establishing the strategic direction for the operation in support of market requirements for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Working Capital
- Responsible for strategy deployment for the operations of the facility including identifying 5 year breakthrough goals and objectives
- Develop a pro-active, hands-on culture that accelerates the implementation of ABS principles and direct ABS efforts to improve quality, on-time delivery, and reduce operating costs and working capital in line with the strategy objectives of the operation and business
Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees to deliver products on time and to the cost and working capital objectives
- Responsible for meeting the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales plan agreed with Segment Directors and Product Managers. Responsible for meeting market demand/forecast by proactively planning capacity adjustments in material, labor, and equipment.
- Direct and manage plant operations for materials, production, maintenance, quality, and shipping and receiving
- Reviews operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production on-time delivery and quality of products to meet customer specifications
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Develops and establishes standard operational and working practices to reduce costs and overhead and observes workers to ensure compliance with established standards
- Manages capital asset maintenance, maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Optimize working capital while ensuring service to the customer
Support engineering, customer service, product management and sales teams to support market growth, new product develop
- Review production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations
- Develop monthly sales, operating cost, and working capital plans in support of Segment Directors and product management and ensures attainment of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales, profit, working capital objectives
- Develop and communicate annual operating budget, working capital budget, and capital budget to management team
- This job includes supervision of subordinate production, quality, manufacturing personnel as well as ABS Facilitator and Human Resources Generalist
- Resolve worker grievances and submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources for action
- Analyze and evaluate employee performance and maintain optimal staffing levels to meet production demands
- Identify high potential employees and create retention and development plans with Human Resources
- Develop succession plans for high potential employees and positions critical to continuing operations
Responsible for directing overall risk management for the facility which includes safety, environmental and export compliance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field and five years related plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to work in an engineered to order business, utilizing metals machining and assembly processes in a unionized shop environment.
Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements and a background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures required.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 10/13/2017
Location: Erie, PA
Job Type: Management, Manufacturing