GAF Manager Operations in Ennis, Texas
Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we’ve built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we’ve got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it’s in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you’re turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for an Operations Manager who will function as a key member of the facility staff leadership team. The Operations Manager will coordinate with other staff members to ensure that facility goals are met. He / she will manage the Production and Maintenance departments to ensure that customer quality requirements are consistently met safely and at the lowest possible cost.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Manage daily production operations through the Production Manager, Production Supervisors and/or production teams to maximize production inefficiencies. This includes the volume of product produced, run rates, raw material utilization, yield loss, downtime, and slowdown while producing high quality product in a safe manner. Ensure that manufacturing / safety standards and expectations are in place, routinely communicated, clearly understood and consistently met.
· Manage daily maintenance operations through the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, and Maintenance Coordinator. Establish work practices that optimize machine availability while balancing costs. Establish and implement best practices including preventative measures that continuously improve machine performance. Approve all purchases of storeroom parts and maintenance services.
· Meet daily production schedule and requirements. Work jointly with logistics operations to ensure appropriate inventory mix is available, while balancing both production efficiency and raw material demands.
· Develop, implement and track compliance to production and maintenance department expense budgets. Control key cost elements to ensure achievement of budget spending goals. Guide both production and maintenance supervision to achieve a balance between production needs, machine reliability and overall repair cost.
· Ensure that production crews and maintenance techs are well trained, involved and committed to meeting production, quality and safety requirements. Assure that equipment and machinery complies with all outside regulatory agency requirements and that employees are adequately protected against safety hazards and that the plant is operated within environmental permit requirements.
· Provide leadership and direction to the production and maintenance departments. Responsible for maintaining an environment for good employee relations to prevent any union organizing attempts. Work closely with human resources and supervisors to ensure appropriate staffing is maintained. Participate in hiring process to ensure we staff motivated team members. Ability to effectively communicate the Bonus Plan to all employees to maximize participation and impact on performance.
· Manage production and maintenance department efforts supporting capital projects. Work with the Engineering Manager and Project Engineers to define plant needs for capital projects. Manage production team efforts to perform raw material and other process trials in conjunction with Technical department.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred) or Bachelors of Science in another discipline that is coupled with extensive manufacturing experience. A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated manufacturing management experience including direct management of both production and maintenance functions. Experience in high volume manufacturing operation, preferably continuous web process.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.
Requisition ID: 5611