Apogee Engineering AFGSC/A3- Bomber Squadron Operations Training Specialist- Ellsworth AFB in Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking an experienced Operations Training Specialist to be located at Ellsworth AFBin* South Dakota*. This position supports the Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC) Bomber Squadron and is responsible administering classes and exams as required to ensure crewmembers are scheduled for: Crew Resource Management, Instructor Crew Resource Management, Instrament Refresher Course, and any other grouding or pre-deployment training requirements.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations such as the DOD, NASA, DOI, and the DOT. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Update data in PEX (or future equivalent systems to PEX) and locally-developed database systems as required.
- Interface with Host Aviation Resource Management (HARM) personnel to update the Aviation Resource Management Systems (ARMS) (or future equivalent systems to ARMS), as required.
- Review and update student/permanent party records, folders, and grade books per the applicable Air Force Instructions (AFI 11-202V1 and AFI 11-2MDS-V1), associated MAJCOM Installation Supplements, and locally-developed guidance. Number of records will vary depending on unit manning/student throughput.
- Perform weekly individual gradebook checks of personnel training and ancillary training requirements.
- Prepare and execute periodic training/testing plans for approval and scheduling.
- Coordinate with scheduling officer enabling them to maximize training opportunities in accordance with unit leadership guidance. Scheduling and training will be consistent with AFIs.
- Provide daily tracking of upgrade and continuation training accomplishment for the unit Operations Supervisor (or equivalent); as well as, weekly summaries for the Operations Officer.
- Assist in the development of new curriculum and syllabi for aircrew and ground training.
- Generate the following reports/forms as required:
- AF Form 4324, Aircraft Assignment/Aircrew Qualification Worksheet;
- Training Aids;
- Monthly Aircrew Qualification Level Summary (also known as the "Letter of Xs") and provide a copy of in- work and final documents to Wing Current Operations (OSS/OSO) and Wing Stand/Eval (OGV) NLT the last day of each month;
- Monthly and quarterly Ready Aircrew Program (RAP) reports and RAP inputs to Wing OSS Training each quarter;
- RAP reporting as required by the current RAP tasking message;
- Monthly summary of aircrew probation/regression status;
- Grade Book report.
What you will need to have:
- Secret Clearance or previously held Secret Clearance which has expired (not revoked).
- 2+ years of experience working with PEX (or similar proprietary scheduling program).
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Access, Excel, and SharePoint.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Squadron, Group, and/or Wing training program or 3+ years of experience working in a DoD Flying Squadron, Group, and/or Wing equivalent training program.
- Aircrew (Pilot or Weapon System Officer) experience highly preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job Start/End Date: 01-Aug-2017 to 30-Sep-2017 (MST)
Department: Air Force
Location: Ellsworth AFB, SD, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay Rate: DOE