Parsons Corporation SCA-Drafter/CAD Operator II in El Segundo, California
SCA-Drafter/CAD Operator II
El Segundo, California, United States
T4 Program Summary: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded the Technical Support Services Contract 4 (T4) to Parsons in August 2012. Parsons is the prime contractor. This $1.3 billion+ contract has a 4-year base period with two 3-year options. The statement of work includes a variety of activities that support the FAA’s Capital Investment Plan (CIP) modernization efforts: Site selection and engineering, construction, environmental and fire/life safety, equipment installation and testing, CAD, and other technical services as required. Work is performed across the nation in each of the FAA’s nine regions as well as the Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and the Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey and in several U.S. territories. An average staff of 400-500 with a peak staff over 650 supports this contract, in addition to those subcontractors who perform construction work.
A. General requirements:
• This operator prepares various drawings of such units as construction projects, including various views, sectional profiles,
irregular or reverse curves, hidden lines, and small intricate details.
• Work requires use of most of the conventional drafting and CAD techniques and a working knowledge of the terms and
procedures of the occupation.
• The operator makes arithmetic computations using standard formulas. Familiar or recurring work is assigned in general terms.
• Revisions to existing drawings may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results.
• More complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications that clearly depict the desired product.
B. Specific duties are:
• Able to incorporate engineer’s markups.
• Work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to interpret and incorporate client’s CAD standards.
• Proficient with MicroStation.
• Checks the validity of drawing contents prior to adding to the inventory.
• Ensures the proper filing of drawings.
• Provides copies of drawings upon request.
• Reformats drawings for electronic archiving.
• Accepts incoming drawing packages from Drafting Coordinator.
• Scans hardcopies to PDF to preserve the signatures.
• Uploads scanned files into ProjectWise software.
• Matches PDF files to their corresponding file.
• When no hardcopies are provided, creates PDF files from stored folder when directed the project is complete.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Responsible for Western Service Area databases.
• High school diploma is required.
• Must be computer savvy and a fast learner.
• 5 plus years of Computer Aided Drafting experience, knowledge of ProjectWise (a suite of software aimed at helping "manage,find, and share CAD and geospatial content, project data, and Office documents) is required.
5 plus years of experience in the use of Microstation isrequired.
• Good oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work as a member of ateam, are prerequisites.
• Must be trustworthy and competent.
Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by Federal Authorities will be performed.
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
All across the world, at every time of day, Parsons is keeping people moving toward a brighter, safer world. For more about Parsons, please visit.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
Houston, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
©Parsons Careers. Oracle förbehåller sig samtliga rättigheter.
Sign up for email alerts and be the first to know of our new opportunities.
Get Social with Us!