Citi Senior Manager, Securities Services Operations Reporting and Tax in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Scotland,Edinburgh
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Transaction Processing
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17040003
The Senior Manager is responsible for Financial, Client, Regulatory and KIID Reporting and Tax for Citigroup Fund Accounting clients. The individual, along with the team managers, will be responsible for ensuring that all client and regulatory deliverables are met and system and process improvements are implemented effectively. The Senior Manager is also responsible for ensuring that appropriate operational processes and controls are effective in the area.
In addition, the Senior Manager will represent the EMEA region on the Global Fund Administration forum which covers global strategy, business growth and development of the function.
We are looking to recruit a candidate with strong Fund Accounting experience in the Financial, Client, Regulatory and KIID Reporting and Tax areas. The recruit will manage busy teams responsible for production of annual and semi-annual financial statements, Fund Accounting regulatory returns, other Fund Accounting client reports, Key Investor Information Document Reporting and fund Tax reporting.
Client ownership is key with a requirement to meet with clients on an ongoing basis through the year of service and strategic initiatives/Change.
The role will include fund migrations and implementing change & efficiencies to support this growth.
• Ensuring that all client and regulatory deliveries are met to agreed service level agreements.
• Lead regional strategy for EMEA reporting and tax operations.
• Support global strategy for reporting and tax operations through Global Fund Administration forum.
• Oversight and review of retail funds reports and accounts together with tax compliance services.
• Ensuring communication with the client, both internal and external, regulator, offshore sites and external vendors is effective.
• Leading on projects and process improvements and the resultant training.
• Ensuring that offshore and onshore teams are trained to a high standard and are kept up to date with regulatory and accounting standard changes.
• Ensuring feedback is given to the offshore team in the form of calls/issue logs to help keep accuracy levels high and quickly resolve issues.
• Overseeing the accurate and timely production of all weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual deliveries.
• Investigating and resolving complex client or regulatory queries in a timely manner.
• Keeping up to date on accounting standards and regulatory change.
• Developing strong, pro-active relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Working closely with other relevant operational peers to ensure that process risks are minimised.
• Identifying opportunities for efficiencies and drive new developments and enhancements forward for the team.
• Deputising as required for Head of EMEA Reporting.
• Developing and coaching the team through goal setting, regular one to ones, annual and semi-annual performance reviews.
• Opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business with potential for future growth.
• Opportunities to develop fund knowledge, communication and management skills.
• Opportunity to manage a team in a rapidly changing environment.
• Opportunity to contribute to EMEA wide management team.
• To develop relationships with colleagues in other functional areas.
• Opportunity to oversee and govern an offshore team.
• Significant management & interpersonal skills are essential
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting Regulatory and Financial Reporting and Tax are essential
• Knowledge of Fund Accounting Client Reporting and KIID Reporting will be an advantage
• Project Management skills will also be an advantage
• Communication skills
• Highly numerate and analytic
• Pragmatism combined with a can-do attitude is a pre-requisite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A high energy level and an enquiring mind
• Qualified accountant
• Self motivated
• People skills
• Client focused
• Responsible for actions
• Structured and organised
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer