Amazon.com Customer Services Operations Manager in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
At Amazon our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. To get there, we need a talented, energetic, bright, and driven Operations Manager to join Amazon’s Customer Service Team in Edinburgh, Scotland. The successful candidate will lead the site’s Operations team and will be a key part of the European (EU) Customer Service (CS) team. The Operations Manager will lead group managers, who are responsible for team managers, and will report directly to the Site Lead.
This is a highly visible position that is critical to the company's Customer Service operations, with direct accountability to service quality and metrics.
· Lead a group of Team Managers, each of them responsible for a CS production team.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives
· Lead CS production teams in the setting and achievement of their performance goals
· Ensures the Operations Team is meeting quality and productivity goals
· Supports the Team Managers in monitoring performance improvement initiatives for quality and productivity at the team level
· Ensures high compliance to operational processes and policies
· Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Team Managers
· Meets with Team Managers several times each day to monitor progress. As needed partner with Team Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
· Ensures all Service Levels are met for the website he/ she is supporting
· Builds staffing and capacity plans with the Capacity Planning team and local finance team
· Monitors actual staffing levels against plan to ensure compliance to intra-week and intra-day schedules
· Dynamically monitoring Service Levels and taking the relevant corrective actions as required
· Communicates and maintains Amazon CS vision, Leadership Principles and culture to the team
· Represents Amazon by maintaining a positive and professional attitude to drive his/ her teams to high level of achievement and meeting CS goals of delegates effectively to his/ her team members
· Maintains great motivation levels in their group
· Raises the bar with respect to hiring and ensuring solid succession planning for all critical functions of their group
· Drives Operational Excellence and operational efficiency
· Constantly improves workflow and operational processes
· Keeps abreast of technology improvement at Amazon and at industry level
· Leads process-improvement efforts and manage the implementation of both business processes and technical solutions
· Applies best practices from and share best practices with counterparts
· Works closely with support staff (HR Team, Senior Financial Analyst, Facilities, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Represents the Voice of the Customer by appropriately escalating feedback to the relevant CS functions or other internal customers for resolution
· Ensures that all training initiatives are completed in a timely manner (as required by corporate, department, or site initiatives)
· Manages special projects and other duties as assigned
· Ensures that all escalated customer enquiries are handled within relevant SLA
· Work across the EU in a cross-functional environment
· 5+ years Customer Service management & analysis within a fast paced metrics driven environment.
· Ability to manage, motivate, and influence work & team behaviours
· Deep understanding of Customer Service Workflow operations and tools
· Ability to manage and communicate across position levels and functions
· Technical Expertise: in-depth knowledge of planning and analysis tools; solution driven approach to system and process; advanced computer literacy (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
· Negotiation and influencing skills; able to listen to and persuade others based on sound logic
· Goal driven, target orientated, ability to take a long term view of the team.
· Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as he/ she will is required to look at and find solutions for a variety of operations problems.
· Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team/ business, especially in a multicultural and multi-location environment
- Bachelors degreee
· Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team/ business, especially in a multicultural and multi-location environment.
· Candidates will be academically qualified in a business discipline.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
AMZR Req ID: 546903
External Company URL: www.amazon.com