State Street Client Service Operations Manager (Pricing), Officer in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
The Officer will ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time, in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
The Officer will serve as an entry point for any client queries, and will take ownership or delegate (both upwards and downwards) as appropriate. Equally the Officer will be responsible for the creation of formal client communications for example KPI documents and will play a prominent role in any service review or change discussions.
The Officer will be responsible for staff management, ensuring that all staff has regular meetings and forums are in place to discuss team matters. The Officer will oversee the objective setting and appraisal process for direct reports
Manage Core Activities & Risk – Time Allocation 15%
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures, initiating remedial action as necessary
- Monitor errors and potential losses/breaches; complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/training needs are identified and relevant remediation/training is completed
- Understand risks and make sure that appropriate, clearly defined controls are established and executed.
- Demonstrate strong risk awareness, taking steps to reduce State Streets exposure to risk
- Manage applicable laws and regulatory requirements and conform with the ‘risk’ escalation chain
- Manage the daily production of prices, performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists
Staff Management – Time Allocation 27%
- Lead and motivate staff
- Agree objectives for staff annually; monitor and appraise their performance providing regular formal and informal feedback
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff
- Manage and plan resources ensuring delivery of outcomes are consistent, timely and accurate
- Monitor absence levels and ensure absence management procedures are followed
- Hold regular team meetings and 1:1s to ensure regular communication with staff. Communicate effectively with clients, COE’s, third parties and colleagues
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
Client Management – Time Allocation 11%
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad-hoc client meetings
- Ensure that KPI measures (where applicable) are achieved on a monthly basis and if the KPI is not green then initiate action to resolve
Participation in internal meetings – Time Allocation 15%
- Act as a focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments in COE’s and external contacts such as custodians, trustees, investment managers, auditors etc., providing technical expertise on the service provided
- Monitor the service from internal groups and feed into the relevant forums for COE’s.
- Involvement in Outsourcing Governance, initially as a Deputy Outsourcing Arrangement Owner; pool information and participate in calls.
- Attend regular meetings with the COE’s to maintain service levels and resolve issues
Execute Core Activities – Time Allocation 32%
- Plan and manage all team deliverables and effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Pricing Manager
- Identify issues and problems in the service delivery and take remedial action, keeping the Pricing Manager informed
- Provide daily / weekly MI to AVP which clearly identifies the progress of the team
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries within agreed timescales
- Manage own time and activities effectively (delegating where required) setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
- Take responsibility for personal development and training
- Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business
- Actively participate in the objectives and appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation, and suggesting appropriate development in order to ensure own effectiveness in a changing business context.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with senior staff, both within State Street and with clients & external parties
- Ensure the immediate line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact the quality of service being given
- Gather and present information for any internal/external audit
Level of Education:
- Business degree from University or equivalent/relevant market experience
Skills and Experience:
- Fund Administration experience essential, preferably at a large financial institution
- Demonstrate good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to manage day to day workflow of a pricing team
- Experience of staff management
- IAQ qualified
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
* Professional Organization Membership / Certification:*
In the main, GSUK operational entities do not carry out regulated activities and are therefore not regulated by the FCA. However, GSUK entities carrying out Unit Dealing and/or Cash Sweeping functions on behalf of their clients are regulated by the FCA. The majority of GSUK clients are also regulated by the FCA.
The training & competence standards for GSUK reflect:
- Best market practice in non-regulated areas as required by our clients; and
- Regulatory requirements for GSUK business areas undertaking Unit Dealing and/or Cash Sweeping activities.
The candidate is not required to meet FCA T&C; standards
State Street Job ID: 166205
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Client Service Operations Manager (Pricing), Officer
Job ID: 166205
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: UK - Edinburgh