Burlington Stores, Inc. Forklift Operator SI in Edgewater Park, New Jersey
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Coat Factory. If you are interested in a career in retail, consider joining one of the largest off price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor, and everything for baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. With more than 400 stores, we're always looking for good talent that can drive results.
- Use of Telxon gun (hand held scanner) to pinpoint a staging location.
- Moving merchandise to and from desired location.
- Deleting location when necessary from the computer system or telxon.
- Removing freight from locations, stacking frames, and various other duties.
- Overtime required as needed.
- Maintaining a clean & safe work area at all times.
- Ability to drive Stand Up High Reach, Stand Up Medium Reach, Man Up Order Picker (operator is lifted up to 35’ in the air in an order picking basket where they must manually reach into a pallet rack location to obtain merchandise), Sit Down Clamp Truck, Standup Rider Double Pallet Jack and Motorized Hand Pallet Jack.
- Utilize both a tablet based computer interface and RF Hand Scanner based technology to interact directly with Warehouse Management System, receive and execute direction from the system.
- Perform inventory management functions necessary to ensure the accuracy of inventory in the building including: locate and move merchandise, log inventory issues in the warehouse management system, generate cycle counts through the use of lock codes, verify the correct merchandise and locations through use of barcode scanning technology and check digits.
- Scan pallets and cartons using RF (Radio Frequency) technology both at floor level and 35’ in the air in the Man Up Order Picker.
- Receiving/Put Away - unload inbound shipments safely from inside of an over-the-road trailer or ocean container and move product to storage locations utilizing the most efficient equipment type. This includes a wide variety of products and recyclable materials. All movements must be done to prevent damage to the merchandise.
- Efficiently stock and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas as directed either by the supervisor of the area or the warehouse management system.
- Order Picking – pull and prepare product for shipping, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner.
- Loading – efficiently move product from staging and or storage areas and place on trailers for outbound transportation. This includes a wide variety of product and recyclables materials. All movements must be done in such a way as to prevent damage to the product.
- Ensure safe operation of material handling equipment.
- Maintain integrity of products through proper handling.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks of forklift.
- Complete activity card.
All other duties as assigned.
Experience on forklift for stand up, sit down and reach.
- Good vision and hearing.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Computer or data entry skills.
- Basic math skills, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50+ pounds.
- Good job safety record.
- Cross trained in other departments.
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Location: Edgewater Park, NJ
Address: 4287 Route 130 S
Requisition ID: 1151382
Posting Date: 08/02/2017