NPL Construction Construction Operations Training Instructor EastVale, CA in EastVale, California
This position is responsible for providing instruction to field personnel on all aspects of gas pipeline construction with an emphasis on NPL safety and quality requirements. Instruction would include job planning; work efficiencies; and equipment choice and utilization. One-on-one interaction with crewmembers, with a view towards identifying those with potential for growth and promotion, and planning the development of those so identified.
- Provides hands on training on all aspects of gas pipeline construction to the field personnel.
- Insures that participants and instructors follow all NPL, and SoCal Gas policies and procedures.
- Assists with tracking and reporting benchmarks and progress of the program.
- Provides one-on-one interaction and instruction with crewmembers.
- Assists with implementing safety policies that are incorporated in every level of development.
- Helps to champion NPL Core Values and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Preferred 5 years of field experience in pipeline construction and general knowledge of energy-distribution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of training, OHSA, and construction safety procedures.
- Good oral communication with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to assist with developing annual business plan for division or department to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Ability to persuade others to a course of action by instructing, convincing, or influencing through professional guidance using logic and example.
- Ability to assist with planning and scheduling activities over a year or longer, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
- Ability to accomplish organizational goals when information is vague and details are absent or difficult to obtain.
- Ability to solve problems and develop methods, systems, policies or services that impact on company objectives.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have strong understanding of gas construction and pipeline safety policies and procedures (Completed OSHA 10 and Competent Person Training).
- Valid driver’s license required.
Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.