AT&T Network Field Operations Engineer - Netzwerk Service Techniker in Dusseldorf, Germany
Level 2-3 on-site support in AT&T Network node in Duesseldorf, and additional remote AGN POPs in EMEA to perform the daily datacenter operation activities (Troubleshoot Tier 2-3 incidents, equipment configuration, services monitoring, support & management of new connections and services in the customer datacenter infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide onsite support in AT&T Network node in Duesseldorf.
• Coordinate on-site H&E service in assigned remote AGN POPs in EMEA.
• Responsible for the installation and the execution of changes in the network infrastructure.
• Assist and provide hands and eyes for our remote L3 team.
• Direct and control the activities of third party field technicians.
• Configure and interpret sniffer captures.
• Interact with other AT&T service towers to ensure the end-to-end solution of issues.
• Maintain network operation under SLA´s.
• Support proposed projects, track detailed project plan schedules.
• Participating in project calls.
• Perform technical analysis of hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
• Manage external interfaces with Telehouse, 3rd party supplier and PTT's for provisioning and maintenance tasks.
• Manage internal interfaces with Service Delivery, PIMs, NRCs, GAM, CRE and NP&E.
• Support Configuration updates.
• Document and report action items.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• ITIL knowledge with technical network background.
• Fluent German and fluent English in speech and writing is a must.
• Service Management and Customer oriented.
• Be able to build a good relationship with customers
• Be capable to work under high pressure.
• Good knowledge of Cisco technology (router and switches).
• Multi brand knowledge in routing & switching (Cisco, Juniper and other brands)
• Good knowledge in network measurement and measurement devices
• Required minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in installation, support and management of network devices.
• Deep understanding of Wide Area Networking
• Wide knowledge of PTT / Carrier technologies and standards.
• Knowledge of testing methodology and use of testers.
• Fundamental knowledge of cabling systems / adapters / interfaces and their handling.
• Principles of electrical engineering.
• Team player, well organized and self-motivated
• Strongly process and customer oriented with high quality result oriented approach
Education and Qualifications:
• Complete vocational training in Computer Systems, Telecommunications, Electronics or similar.
• Cisco CCNA welcome but not required.
• Cisco Datacenter Experience beneficial.
• F5 Certified or demonstrable skills beneficial.
• Sniffer Usage Training or demonstrable skills.
Core Working time: from 8 AM to 5 PM CET