Google Trust and Safety Operations Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Manage a team of Trust and Safety Shopping analysts in EMEA, developing a strategy and vision, and working side by side with them in order to get things done.
- Partner closely with wide array of cross functional stakeholders such as Engineering, Product, Legal, Policy, Sales, etc. in order to achieve strategic goals and the overall vision, and to represent the manual enforcement and user protection perspective. Handle high profile escalations and represent Trust and Safety and user's best interests with executive audiences.
- Manage complex initiatives, including rollout of enforcement changes and provision of analytical insights in order to improve the advertiser shopping experience and in the pursuit of operational excellence.
- Innovate and implement large-scale solutions to obtain efficiency gains, using automation, workflow streamlining and systems optimization. Represent a well-researched, data-driven, user-focused stance for Google that balances users, advertisers, product and brand considerations across a variety of policy issues.
- Identify gaps or conflicts proactively in existing policy support framework or policy enforcement infrastructure, develop scalable solutions and work to win consensus across the organization. Promote understanding of Trust and Safety through effective and compelling documentation and presentations to internal executives and stakeholder teams, and to external agencies where appropriate.
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Experience in functionally leading a global team or sub-team.
- Experience with online media across ad formats, platforms, e-commerce and digital devices.
- Experience using data and technology to solve complex business problems. Technical, analytical, problem-solving and policy drafting skills, combined with strong business judgment.
- Experience in delivering projects that involve multiple stakeholders from different areas.
- Experience with fraud investigations, risk management, and security and threat analysis in the context of internet-related products/activities.
- Proficiency in synthesizing information across multiple and complex data sources.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and training skills, with the ability to be clear and compelling when making presentations.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.