Shire GL Operations Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
Initial Period SSC Transformation:
• Assisting the Project Team Lead in establishing the new shared service center (SSC).
• Support processes and systems / system implementation
80% of time:
• Assist in ensuring that the month end process is well controlled and executed efficiently to meet all reporting deadlines including working with SLA’s for services provided by external 3rd party.
• Perform ongoing maintenance of general ledger master data (business units, chart of accounts, statutory accounts, automated accounting instructions, and user defined codes) ensuring compliance standards and guidelines
• Act as a key coordination point for internal and external audit walkthroughs, controls testing and year end audit support.
• Ensure the process to extract month end results from JDE ERP system to HFM consolidation system, including related integrity checks are completed for each period end.
• Serving as help desk for questions on the general ledger
20% of time:
• Represent the GL Operations team on process improvement projects, systems initiatives and liaise closely with counterparts in USA to ensure overall consistency of process
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.